Reviews for Free Love
emerald chapter 10 . 4/16/2006
This is really really good girl...I enjoyed reading it and you certainly managed to pass the strong emotions around.
Breakfast UnderGround chapter 10 . 4/14/2006
I think I held my breath through the final three chapters of this story.

This touched me in a very personal way, struck very close to home.

It was rather penetrating, how you portrayed another time in our culture's history so eloquently, without tripping over any specific aspect in terms of anachronisms.

What else I found poignant was the realism you offered in writing - rather bravely mind you - about the aspects of war that some people never truly have the horror of experiencing. PTSD destroys more men in a more crippling fashion, I think, throughout history and acts of aggression, than any other form of debilitating injury. The damage inflicted to the psychosis is not easy to portray, yet you have done a remarkable job of it.

And in addition to that you have done a remarkable job of telling a rather gripping love story *aw* that has a happy ending.

There are certainly some decidedly "cliche" attributes to the situation and the characters, and yet you've managed to take them and show the reader something utterly unexpected.

It's beautiful. The characters have depth, dimension, and that dynamic quality that demonstrates the evolution of the human through the passage of time - something that is not only inevitable, but healthy and adds to the sense of realism that makes this tale seem like it could be a biography. Or an autobiography.

WoW.

)O( Rhi/"Abigail Radle" BUGmod.
Avide chapter 10 . 4/1/2006
I'm a big fan of this story, and many things abased in the 60's. You know, on top of the fact that you're a very good writer.

Keep it up! )
Lightning Storm chapter 10 . 3/21/2006
This story was great from begining to the end. Great job. You explained Luke's change of character, and he and Amy's feelings for each other great. I really liked this story.
swimchickslam chapter 10 . 3/20/2006
yay! happy ending :D
helligonian chapter 10 . 3/15/2006
This was amazing - I loved it!
IrishTea chapter 10 . 2/28/2006
Even though this is one of the shortest stories i've read on here, it's also one of the most complete. At the end everything comes together beautifully. Great job, can't wait to read more of your work
saicho-18 chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
very cool story. can't believe you pulled it off in just 10 chaps. o.O definitely going to my favorites, as you so seldom read stories like these in here.

saicho_18 : slytherin -
Lola Peaches chapter 10 . 2/10/2006
Wow, that was absolutely fabulous, It was really good. I told my other friends who are also into historical romances to read this story and they also loved it... You have jsut a few spelling mistakes, but thats okay! Thankyou for giving me a good story to read. It makes me smile!
kurara3 chapter 10 . 1/24/2006
Hey Kelly,Sorry I never wrote you a review before but I think it's easier to just write one at the end. Anyways your story really hit a spot in my heart because I guess not that I could relate. Last year one of my classmates had a speech about how there shouldn't be a drafting for this war because his uncle was literally crazy when he came back from the Vietnam war. How he had nightmares and such. It made me realize how horrible it must have been. Well I felt your story was well written and I started crying at certain points. Keep up the good work!kurara3 .
Qu33nii chapter 9 . 1/22/2006
does she get married 2 him... what happens next...good story i felt the emotions lord i wanted 2 cry- i luv this story deep description of everything capturing all the emotionz -wow how could u end it like that though :'( lol but wow good story.
Juniper Nights chapter 10 . 1/20/2006
wow...nice story...beautifully writen
aphroditeseyes chapter 10 . 1/1/2006
Hey, this is a wonderful story, it made me cry. It's nice to read a completed story that's not like 50 chapters long.

Yay you're British too :). I was beginning to think I was the only Brit who used this site .
shay chapter 10 . 11/21/2005
this piece was magic. definitely a keeper.
skywriter-x chapter 2 . 10/21/2005
very nice beginning, this is a very captivating story so far )
282 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »