Reviews for For the Sake of Propriety
zagato chapter 11 . 4/9/2004
cool update. please write more.
poohba chapter 11 . 4/9/2004
There's just something sweet about "courting" in church. Not that Sophia and Matthew would ever admit that that's seemingly what they were doing, of course.
I love the situations Sophia gets herself into - a narrow escape from the ex-fiance, only to find herself wedged next to Matthew.
Matthew is acting like such a MAN, though. If he says one more thing about Rebecca in my presence, I'm liable to throw something at him. (Well, I suppose I couldn't actually do that, and that he probably will anyway... but it would make me feel considerably better if, perhaps, Sophia could throw something at him for me. hint hint)
anatidaephobiac chapter 11 . 4/9/2004
i don't like rebecca... don't like her at all...
hm... interesting chapter... really good. update soon!
poohba chapter 10 . 4/8/2004
"Of course you didn't sir. If you had known that it was mine, you'd have simply tossed it into the fireplace."
Love it! You can't have too many good battles of wit between a hero and a heroine. (See Shakespeare: "Much Ado About Nothing" et al.)
This chapter definitely advanced the story more than the last few have seemed to. I'm glad to see Sophia and Matthew creating some sparks.
Shayley Rain chapter 10 . 4/8/2004
This is a great story! I loved 'For the Sake of Convenience' and this sounds like it's going to be just as good. Update soon!
*Shale*
Marissa chapter 9 . 4/8/2004
I don't see what's so wrong with Rebecca. Sophia seems to not like people very easily, and seems self centered. Rebecca does not seem deliberately mean.
zagato chapter 10 . 4/7/2004
cool update. please write more
PhiloNysh chapter 10 . 4/7/2004
This is excellent. I love the whims of Sophia and the intellect of Eva. Highly witty and interesting. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Update soon
Cassandra Flavius chapter 10 . 4/7/2004
*smiles* you're evil!... And here I was, siding with Matthew! Oh well, I wonder how he'd explain this to Eva!
And I have to praise the Winters for managing to stay alive with those kids! How did they manage to teach the kids to be so unruly?
Silver Phoenix11 chapter 10 . 4/7/2004
I like the intraction between Sophia and Matthew. That was great. I noticed you really like to write long sentences. Maybe it's just me, but I feel breathless every time I read this story. It's kind of hard for me to catch up. sorry.
My Works 87 chapter 10 . 4/6/2004
AW. That was THE GREATEST CHAPTER YET! There is such tension (both positive and negative) between Matthew and Sophia that it makes the emotions in this story all the more heightened. I loved the part where Clara was talking about how she used to be like Sophia. When I think about it, she WAS like Sophia. ALthough they both have disimilarities as well. Anyways, Sophia and Matthew's conversation was priceless. They're so atuned to each other's comments and motions, even though they currently despise each other. But boy, did she stir something in him in this chapter. She got him all embarassed and stuff, which was so priceless. In the past he's seemed to have a bit of the upper hand but she SO got it this time. I loved the part where he gulped loudly at what she said, 'cause it was so funny...ahaha. Okay, I'll go now cause it's wonderfully wonderful! Okay, so maybe I don't have a way with words like you do, but still. You used very big words in this chapter, that seemed characteristic of the time period. I must say, you're ability to write in the regency time period has increased greatly since your first story set in that period. Practice makes perfect I suppose. I had to look up some of the words cause I wasn't positive to their meaning. Now it makes me want to read the ol' dictionary! Oh, and Matthew is my new favorite name. Heh heh. Update soon darlin'
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 10 . 4/6/2004
Mae Govannen.
w00t! Undertones and hidden menings are fun! Indeed they are! I liked this chatper because it showed a side to Matthew that we hadn't really been shown yet. Keep 'em comin! i love it when ya update! _
May the Penguin King look benevolently upon thy path. Ahem.
Namarie.
CynicInLove chapter 10 . 4/6/2004
lol...the last line was just ..great! both matt and sophia seem to be fighting more and more...but i think they enjoy it..their little debates and all. intelligent conversation. anyways..please update sooN!
anatidaephobiac chapter 10 . 4/6/2004
haha to matthew... go sophia. what's wrong with them? (retorical question) they're taking forever to warm up to eachother... but of course since you're the writer, you should handle it your own way... Update soon!
Ali chapter 9 . 3/31/2004
You updated! yay! I love your story, please update again..and soon. I'm looking forward to seeing Mathew and Sophia together. And Eva is so cool!
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »