Reviews for For the Sake of Propriety
zagato chapter 9 . 3/30/2004
this is an amazing story. please write more.
kelley1987 chapter 9 . 3/30/2004
This is a great story! :). Keep up the awesome writing and I'll be checking back.
JustDuck chapter 9 . 3/30/2004
Thank God for the butler! ::wink::
~
Have I told you how much I really LIKE Sophia? She thinks just like I do!
poohba chapter 9 . 3/29/2004
I love Eva's character. She makes up for all the disagreeable things I don't like about Sophia. And Matthew so needs someone to take him down a peg or two like she does.
I have to admit to liking the first half of this chapter a lot more than the second, probably because she's in it.
Jedi Blu Lady At Large chapter 9 . 3/29/2004
This latest chapter is greatly to my liking. "Between the Lines" was a wonderful title for it, too. I'm looking forward to Matthew coming to know the true character of Sophia and his current interest, as well as Eva's attitude. Eva's my favorite character, very determined and a bit of an imp. :-) I do hope to see more soon!
-JB-
PS. Thanks for the review of my Sestina. It wasn't an easy poem to write.
CynicInLove chapter 9 . 3/28/2004
i think that jonathan and sophia should talk everything out so they arent as awkward around each other as they always are. and they somehow end themselves in such positions whether they want to or not. well...i think this was an interesting chapter. showed many clues and foreshadowings? yes. well. please update soON!
Silvestria chapter 9 . 3/28/2004
Ooh, leave us just before the Hamiltons arrive! Evil, evil Knightingale! I do love the story, though...
angelkiss1 chapter 9 . 3/28/2004
this is a great story! i like eva. i hope you do a story about her. )
Liriel87 chapter 9 . 3/28/2004
Ohh my. . . sorry i havent reviewed in a while. Life has been hectic. Its all b/c of boys, stupid, idiotic, dramatic boys. I dont know if im talking about the story or about real life but it applies to both lol. I really hope Sophia and the doc get together. And OH i want Eva to find someone as well. Gah . . . I need to find out what happens! Update soon!
Liriel
Cassandra Flavius chapter 9 . 3/28/2004
saved by the Hammiltons!... yet another great chapter, I'd say! I have to praise you, once again, for your language style! Oh hail to you! You have to update soon!
MoonRiver64 chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I adore Eva's character...she is soo feisty and intriguing! I look fwd. to reading more of this story, as I wonder how I ever missed it before:)
anatidaephobiac chapter 9 . 3/27/2004
Well... that would be major awkwardness. hopefully the hamiltons can change that... great chapter! update soon!
My Works 87 chapter 4 . 3/27/2004
Dude, I must be the most retarded person in the entire world. I thought the dude's name was michael but it's Matthew. Heh heh. I got the m-part. So anyways, in my following review, take all Michael mentionings and fill that word with Matthew instead. I seem to make a lot of mistakes when I review your story. Wonder why...I'm not usually so silly! So sorry 'bout that.
My Works 87 chapter 9 . 3/27/2004
Oh, I sense even more tension coming. Heh heh. I just love this story, it's so realistic of the time period. You obviously have extensive knowledge of propriety and customs and all that stuff from the Regency time period. I commend you on actually writing on something you understand. Heh heh. So keep up the excellent work, alright? ANd update real quickly, because I love the scenes between Sophia and Michael. I'm still a little confused as to their animosity towards each other. They've both based their opinions on little knowledge of each other, ya know? And I just love that the two were reading the same poetry. I hope that either Sophia or Michael will realize that they like the same poets. That'll make for a priceless scene. I love this story because though the very sketchy plotline is apparent, the formation of Michael and Sophia's relationship, the details of the story are totally unknown. I cannot predict what will happen with all these secondary charactesr you've established. I also enjoy the fact that you don't jump into scenes with your characters. All the scenes are everyday life and that is how you establish who the characters are instead of through these totally unrealistic scenes that happen only in the novels. AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN NOT FATHOM WHAT MR. HAMILTON SEES IN MISS PRYOR! Personally, I'd like to rip her hair out. Heh heh.
CelticGoddess81 chapter 8 . 3/20/2004
OMG! NO that is the last chapter for now! Oh that is cruel but extremely funny if you think about it. Hey isn't it odd that his sister and Sophia would be some much the same? He loves one and yet can't stand the other. It is Poetic justice if you ask me. i am sure that he will end up being quite vexed with her, though irritation can often make one think down a different road.
(note that reviewer is babbling) oh shesh I have gone off on a tangent again. Sorry. Anyway what I was going to originally say is that you are a very talented author and that I enjoy reading your works of fiction almost as much as I love reading Jane Austen, You make me think of Pride and Prejudice and Emma and Sense and Sensibility all rolled into one. Its great. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »