Reviews for For the Sake of Propriety
CelticGoddess81 chapter 7 . 3/20/2004
OMG! I wasn't sure if I had an account her at I have one for and so, I haven't reviewed any of your great work, until now, I read the first story with Clara and I absolutely loved it. Like I said I didn't know if I had an account her so I didn't want to leave an unsigned. Anyways, I love the way you write. You have such a great writing style and I am pretty sure I can see some of the beloved Jane Austen's influence in your writing. But that is alright I love Jane as much as the next avid reading. Can't wait to read what your next chapter. ~Celtic Goddess
oreos chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
i love how you set up the characters so quickly, for they already have a defining trait about them. though i think you'd catch the attention of readers if you moved the first paragraph elsewhere and began with the mystery of the blood on matthew's jacket.
Cursive and Print chapter 8 . 3/17/2004
hello! this is also Midnight Owl... i reviewed your last story. it was wonderful, and so is this one! it's so amazing how you can make your readers so interested in characters that are somewhat unlikeable. i mean, sophia is a wonderful character but... not the most likeable. maybe it's just me, and maybe it's only because it's only the beginning. anyways, this was a wonderful chapter and i hope you update soon!
Shy reader's plea chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
please write more of sophia and matthew.
There spark and deepness draws me into another age.
anatidaephobiac chapter 8 . 3/16/2004
...I don't like Rebecca... make her go away *whines* (yeah yeah i know u need her to make the story interesting... i still don't like her though) great job so far... i loved your other story as well- For the Sake of Convenience... that was great... this one is too, you're very talented as a writer:) update soon, i can't wait to see what happens!
My Works 87 chapter 7 . 3/15/2004
So I was reading this and I got things sort of figured out. Rebecca is in fact NOT married, and MR. Pryor is her brother and not her husband. For awhile I thought Mr. Pryor was the man that Sophia had turned engagement down on and then Rebecca had married him. Despite the fact that Rebecca is a bachelorette yet (hehe) I still greatly despise her and want to throw her in the river. SOPHIA AND MATTHEW FOREVER! Hehhe, although Matthew is peeving me a bit!
My Works 87 chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
Oh They were MEANT to be together! I see. I must say that I am quite disappointed with the doctor's choice in woman. It seems he is a man that does not think with his brain tisk tisk. And who is Rebecca to speak of propriety when she is obviously flirting with a bachelor when she's married. That hypocrit. I greatly dislike her, and wonder why the other characters cannot see how superficial she is. She must be really good at hiding it or something. And what about her is so appealing that Matthew would find himself so intrigued by her? Is she THAT PRETTY. She doesn't seem to have that great of a personality or anything. Hmph! I want to smack her across the face. And while Sophia is a bit naive and selfish, I don't find her to be a bit displeasing. She's just ignorant, not bad mannered or even that rude. She acts like an unmarried woman unused to kids, exactly as a some one in her position is likely to act. I'd have to say Eva is my favorite character as she can see through all the facades that people put up around her. I hope her brother will do well to listen to her advice, even if she is young. I really did like Matthew, although I though his judgement of Sophia to be hasty and unfair, but he has lost considerable favor in my eyes since his infatuation with Rebecca. She's stupid! He shouldn't like her!
CynicInLove chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
rebecca seems like a little snotface. that was so funny when eva said which book she was reading! i cant explain why though :( bad me. matthew seems to be infatuated by rebecca though...the exact oppostite of what he feels for Sophia. he doesn't seem the type who's materialistic and only looks upon someone beauty before their mind. such a shame. well great job with this chapter. i've been waiting for it for so long! please update sooN!
poohba chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
The opening of this chapter - the little battle of wills between Sophia and Rebecca was very amusing. I can just see the two of them together, tapping fingernails on endtables and glaring at each other.
Rebecca seems kind of an odd character to me. I mean, she seems phony. Like she acts differently with everyone she's with. When "the adults" (for lack of a better word) are around, she's miss prim and proper, friend to Gabby etc. When she's by Matthew, she seems quite the coquette. And then Sophia - the two of them just rub the wrong way together.
At least Sophia is honest about herself. She is who she is, take it or leave it.
Although, I do feel like I'm having to make excuses for her. Seeing Matthew's reaction to Rebecca in this chapter almost made me forget it's SOPHIA that's supposed to be the heroine.
But then, enter Eva:
She and Sophia remind me of one another. And that makes me think that Matthew might come around sometime after all. Miss prim and proper might get quite boring after awhile, after all.
And what fun is a romance where the hero and heroine instantly fall in love? In my favorite stories, that all-important relationship sometimes takes YEARS to develop.
Well, once again... excellent chapter. I'm looking forward to the next.
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
Mae Govannen.
I am beginning to thoroughly dislike Rebecca. I wish that Eva had had a better impression of her, because since I trust Eva greatly (in her opinions of others) I am afraid that my mild dislike of Miss Pryor may turn to something resembling loathing. A shame.
I think Matthew is being silly. I'm sure Eva will tell him so, but I wish he was a better judge of character all the same. His infatuation with Rebecca is beginning to disturb me, though since he had so much trouble dealing with Sophia, it makes sense that he would get along with others who have lots of trouble with Miss Winter.
Well written, beautifully done. My favorite character is still Eva. Huzah for disheveled hair!
May thou walk in the light of the Holy Radish and may the Penguin King smile upon thy path. Ahem.
Namarie.
Cassandra Flavius chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
now, what was Rebecca saying about how vulgar John Donne was? *smiles* Mathew is starting to annoy me with his typical male attitude *femenist in her roars and tries to stabb the air*! Wonderfully story, keep it up!
HistoryLover521 chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
Good story, very detailed.
Jedi Blu Lady At Large chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
GASP! A VILLIANESS! (sp?) Rebecca is certainly going to be a formidable foe, what with her two faces. It seems like Eva is on to her, though (I love Eva, she actually reminds me a lot of my younger sister as far as attitude goes). Matthew is a stubborn mule, which will make what I perceive to be a forming love-triangle all the more interesting.
Constructive criticism: Actually, I have nothing to suggest working on. You're doing an excellant job, very Austenian. I do hope to hear more from you and your well-crafted characters soon.
Silvestria chapter 8 . 3/12/2004
Lol! Nice ending to a good chapter. The course of true love never did run smooth, clearly! Don't like Rebecca. But she's a sly creature. Most vexing indeed. I'm quite put out. ;)
JustDuck chapter 8 . 3/11/2004
*SNORT*
Rebecca Pryor is really going to be in for it when Eva and Sophia compare notes. Hee hee hee...she's such a snob. Why in the world are men so attracted to shallow women like that!
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »