Reviews for Withered Memory
Linnet chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Oh, this was sad-but I loved it. Some may say long, but your epic poems are your best ones. )
"I pity my murderer too, for while I return to the earth now
Ready to die peacefully among other withered memories
The sun blazes forevermore in the remote sky that it rules
Alone, without any friends, for it has killed them all."
This was my favorite stanza-never thought about the sun that way. Thanks for posting this! (Yes, in case you're wondering, I'm sort of going through all your poems!)
philoslove chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
I like this poem. The vivid descriptions really helped and the use of the battlefield to the withering of flowers saddened me. Not only did you expand on the flower's feelings, but also the grief and pain met on the scarred battlefields. I love Nature too, but I guess Death plays a part in helping to create room for more works of Nature. This is on my favourites list of stories.
Will Klemm chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
i like your work and it's blending of nature with emotion. You've got a new fan.
Klemmy
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
I LOVE IT...WONDERFULLY DESCRIPTIVE.
HideAwayFairy chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
All this from just seeing a withered flower, if I could make poems like that I'd be in heaven! It's realy good I like it a lot!
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 1/10/2004
Bad Sun! You're poem was cool and interesting!
The Blind Guardian chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
This poem was well-written. Your use of imagery and detail painted a good picture of my mind. This poem had a very epic feel to it, and your use of war and suffering worked well. As seasons change, life is consumed by the ravinous rays of sunlight. Kup the excellent writing. You're one of the best poets I've seen.
Remy/The Blind Guardian
amethystdawn chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
It's *wipes tear off* beautiful. My friend maica told me you were good, but I didn't know you were that good. _ I think I read your poem about a sunset, but i think this is better. It's like a story about survival. And at the end, though it's dead, the flower's still victorious. _
Winged One1 chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
Oh! Sad! Pretty! I love it!
winged one
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
WOW! This flows (it is a flow-er!) so nicely! I had to speak it out loud (although under my breath for I am at work, but the sound of the machine behind me and the soundtrack for "The Bourne Identity" helped masked my voice).
Why oh why are our favorite lists limited to such a small number!
I read your entire profile! I kinda skimmed the quotes since I'd read tehm before. What a full and beautiful soul you have! There are 2 kinds of people in the world today: those that realise they are simply a holographic cell of the Universe and those who still think of themselves as individuals, separate and alone.
MY profile keeps getting longer and, I admit, frightingly specific in what I beleive. I do not mean to force my ideas on other people, but I am concerned with the disease of deception that has run rampant in this world for far too long. I better stop before I get caught babbling in a review. Contact me if you want to babble on about all sorts of philosochical and other ideas - MWA-hahaha! ::grins::
BranwenEithne chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
i loved it!i can really imagine this is how a flower feels. emotion was expressed very well. i didnt mind it being long either. yay!
demonicdistraction chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
I like it. Long, but good, very good. A lot of description. Very promising. keep up the good work.
Please review my stuff sometime
KT