Reviews for Can you imagine a life
able2Bdifferent chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
I can imagine that life, all right. I'm living it. I have CP too, although not quite as severe as your sister's sounds. "She is so much more then a girl in a chair" I wish all people could see that.
The-unimportant-item chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Oh my god! This has really touched me. When I read it I cried. I have severe CP, so I know what it's like. People make me so mad sometimes, with the way the act. I find it quite depressing that people judge me and so many others by their disability. But I'll stop boring you with my story. This was really good.
bando2 chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
Wow I can imagine sort of. I have mild CP. I'm lucky and i know it. right now the doctors have me in casts to strech my heel chords, but i'm sure that's nothing compared to your sister. I actually have somrthing to post that tries to deal with my feelings of having the CP, among other things. Thanks for writing this. It's a good reminer of how lucky I am.
bando2
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
That's a beautiful poem, and so very true. While no-one in my immediate family is affected by cerebral palsy, I have known people who are. It infuriates me when I'm travelling on the bus on the way to school, and the bus for disabled children goes by, and people on my bus laugh at them. It's absolutely disgusting, and I think you summed it up very well "can you imagine a life...without the ability to control your limbs". I'm sure your sister is a beautiful person, and I wish you both well. Thankyou for writing this poem, it should open up people's eyes.
*cosmo-queen*
Sky Queen chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Wow, this poem was really touching. Unfortunately, it is so true. Most members of society are unable to look beyond the outer differences a person may have. You wrote of the frustration and lack of acceptance your sister must feel beautifully. You're a talented author, keep going! Also, if you get a chance, could you please review some of my work sometime?:)
Sky Queen
Hail the Warrior chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
*wipes away welling tears* That is so sad, I have always had a thing in my heart for people in wheelchairs, wondering why they are there, if they believe in God or what their life is like, this poem captures their feelings. God bless you and your sister, may he always favor you.
HtW
FattyButt chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
Wonderfully done. I can imagine. I have seen stares from strangers to family members. Let me say this, if no one could imagine before, they can after reading this. Detail was god. Thanks for sharing this. God bless you and your sister.