Reviews for Straight To Hell
Kid Blader chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
Damn. That's really good. Esp the 2nd to last stanza. "Wait - we're already there" tru dat. And I liked the "little girl lost at sea" it's got great imagery.
angie3838 chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
You have a great ending, but it's not foreshadowed at all. It just comes out of nowhere. Foreshadowing a bit would make this poem better, because as it stands, it seems almost as if the last stanza came from another poem that you just tacked onto the ending. Maybe create a water allusion throughout the whole poem?
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
OH MY GOD. i love the dégradé : first detachment, then anger, then realisation ("Wait- we're already there"
TheBrokenWanderer chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
wow...very powerful...i love it...

~TheBrokenWanderer~
Grape chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
I really like this poem. Its really great. I like the symbolism that you have in the last verse. Its really great.
lilwickedfairy chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
wow (sorry thats all i can think to say so ill say it 1 more time just for good mesure) wow
Deceased chapter 1 . 2/4/2005
Very real and very true...great writing!
Meaningless Julia chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
Brilliant. The structure works so well. I'd be interested to know what your intentions were with the very last line.
Newt Salamander chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
Amazing poem. I totally love the ending.
wantedINheaven chapter 1 . 11/26/2004
It's so true... sadly it is so true. We are all so totally screwed. Who gives a flying fuck if celebrities are marrying again and again? There are people dying and the environment failing!
Jazzie Kings chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
That was great i love the last line ' and i realized it was me' it aewsome and soo true. *_*
inactiveaccountz chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
translucence chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
Wow. Loved the ending - I fully didn't see that coming. Shocking and striking. The poem is sad, but not melodramatic - I've read a couple poems on this topic, but this is the best one I've seen. Anyway, I liked.
Mistress Blaed chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Hey, it's been a while since I've reviewed any of your stuff, so I thought I'd pop over, and . . . wow. That's all I can say. Really powerful. I loved it so much. It really makes you think . . . Keep writing, you are simply too cool for words.
Ja ne,
Blaed-chan.
PS: I hope you don't mind, but I printed the poem (with the copyright, of course) so I could post it on my wall. It was so great! I have to go read more of your stuff now!
Cherry White chapter 1 . 1/19/2004
i love the trick ending!