Reviews for Living vs Life
pixy-dizzy chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
I like the last line..."You can do so much more than just breathe."
Wonderful. Exactly what I feel. And...*blushes* Heh...you got a pixie keychain? In honor of moi? Well, probably you didn't buy it in honor of moi, but it's nice to think of it. Lol. Wonderful, wonderful poem. I love your writing!
tofujunky chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
"To live you must be alive, but being alive doesn’t mean you live."

OOh, how thought-provoking! It's similar to this line from Shakespeare's "Julius Caeser": "Cowards die many times before their deaths."

"It is perfectly plausible to have the ability of sight and yet be incapable of actually seeing."

'Tis true!

Another great piece.
embracethedark chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
Very, very true, and you expressed it perfectly. I really liked this!
banal chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
Open your eyes.
I used that same phrase, punctiation and tone in one my poems which leads me to believe that we are quite similar when it comes our intention behind our verses. Although you write it better than I do.
I've read through most of your poems, trying to find a favourite and I think I've picked this one beacause of the simplicity of the meaning hiding behind words like 'plausible' and 'interchangeable'. People too often try to make life more complicated than it is.
Thank you for writing.
Lhunuial chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Gee, this reminds me of the days when I was very depressed. I was alive, but I didn't live. Thanks for writing this, I know exactly what you're talking about.
TumblingKitty chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
line five, "you're your eyelids" I think that was a typo...nice poem though! Good point, very good point.
Mia Haider chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
hey i luv this! it's so complicated but so simple in some...way...ok i hope that wasn't too confusing. But anyways i like the whole idea of it and everything!
Angele Raye chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
wow... not typical of what ive read. you and i seem to have much in common. it paints a picture... nicely doné. Raye
Rara Punk chapter 1 . 1/6/2004
-Amen to that!
Bubblewrapped chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
Wow. That was incredible. It read like apoem and yet it wasnt - quite - if you know what I mean. A lot of emotion in this piece, and a lot of truth. Awesome.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 1/5/2004
deep sigh
Wow!
Um ... wow! so beautiful adn caring and loving and empathetic and ... I am going to have to print this out.
If only I had not tried adn failed mutliple times in multiple ways, I would jump right away! But, it does make me think, adn make me feel better.
GOD, I wish I had you life for just a moment, or could live a parrellel one.
Now I am just babbling, sorry. Very nice poem. GREAT sentiment and flow.