Reviews for The Desperation Of A Servant
first-casualty-of-war chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
I love it, and the ending is amazing.
Demon Donatello chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
Wow, this is great. Very realistic... Another great poem by Namir! I think this means adding you to my favorites list, huh? _ Thank you for your review on The Dragon's Death, and I know I probably spelled it wrong, but neglatence is to neglat. To ignore. Also, I read your bio and I feel the same about people not leaving names or e-mails. Sometimes that is just plain annoying... But I'm also a perfectionist who always needs all the details, so maybe that explains why I dislike it so much. Thanks again, and great poem!
Demon Donatello (And I miss the dragons too. :'( )
Lellida chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Woa- interesting format and theme. I like the stuff that the slave is thinking- very strong. It's quite good.
CrimsonRosebud chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
I like this. It makes a very good point. Great writing!
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 3/13/2004
Really creative and well-written. Keep writing!
TheWolfEmperor chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
You know what's funny, is that this poem is pretty much the exact way I feel when I work in customer service. It's nice to hear work from a fellow Vermonter. *winks*
kamikaze899 chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
wow.. "emotion-ful"! nicely done.. i especially liked the ending.. but i loved the way you wrote it, with the thoughts intertwined with the words.. keep writing _
Melissa Lea Night chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
oh wow, i'm thoroughly impressed with this one. you have two conflicting thoughts in this the slave and the human part of him or her, this is just so powerful that i love it. i can't say anything is wrong with it, it's perfect.
DedAccount chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
its are original and amusing form of a poem.(I like brackets. brackets are nice. I'd almost think you were a slave or something, feeling such captivity.
mesfab chapter 1 . 1/29/2004
No matter how badly some people can treat you, it's surprising how far you'll go to keep them around. I really like this style of yours with the two thought paterns. Very good.
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
LOL! seriously, i really likededed that poem. its funny but serious at the same time. please r/r me if you can
_angel
Voronwe chapter 1 . 1/8/2004
Very nice. I've read some of your other poetry, and like this, they are quite excellent. Keep writing!
lady-of-the-wind chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
wow KG, that's really good. I love how you did it. It makes one think..._
MindTear chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
hm, strange. i was browsing through your favorite stories list, and you had one entitled "ode to a bs review"... and then I noticed your review of it proclaiming that you usually do not review back because the reviewer rarely puts thought into the review and rarely gives any criticism. whereas you have not reviewed anything of mine, and i clearly put thought into both of my reviews of your work... both on "Gay is Okay!" and "Royally Wrong"... and i've never failed to be honest yet. just something that amused me, i don't exactly want you to feel bad and go review my poems... that would be ridiculous. although i do feel like my work deserves more exposure than it gets... but that's just because of arrogance and self-pride. anyway...
now, about your poem, i don't think you adequately captured the feelings of a servant. I would think that if a slave were treated like this, they would absolutely hate their master, and not want any kind of love, generosity, caring, or kindness from them. Also, slaves became numb to the lashes of the whip, as all it drove into them was a stronger thought of freedom. many of them had such a strong will to survive and be free that they would run away and risk certain death and punishment when/if they were caught... many simply endured the pain of being a slave, just to wait for their chance to run away and be free, because they had such hope in spite of all the pain that they would have a future. they had such strong spirit, and strong bodies, that the white masters' worst fear was a slave revolt, knowing that if slaves revolted and organized that they could overwhelm them easily... they counted on beating them into submission. so the slaves did all they could to stop this, by resisting in every way possible (long breaks, inefficient work, pretending often to be sick, fainting on purpose in the field, anything that would reprieve them of the work). and so they would never be like a dog, they were never able to be treated with kindness as dogs were back then, because masters knew that as soon as the slave life became easy, the slaves spirit would rise and they would begin to realize that they didn't need their master... and thus starting the terrifying slave revolt. but servants still exist today, and we tip them for their services... we don't exactly beat people anymore, nor force them to do anything, and when the task is difficult, we pay them more. such is the way it goes...
K.G. Hollingsworth chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
Wow... a very educated, articulate slave you've got yourself there. _