Reviews for Journey Through Purgatory
Cam S chapter 10 . 4/1/2004
A pretty good beginning-but you write your sentences in such a short manner that you're coming across as a bit Hemmingway-esque. I'd like to warn you against that-I've enjoyed your writing up to this point, and I don't like how Hemmingway does things.
The "Bottles of Beer" paragraph is great, though.
Cam S chapter 9 . 2/23/2004
Well, this is a pretty good chapter, except for the end. What you describe in the last sentence shouldn't be just a sentence, but a longer section-it just seems to be a bit anticlimactic.
Other than that, it is a pretty good chapter.
nobodyimportant chapter 8 . 2/12/2004
Well done. This chapter was awesome! I can't wait to see where you go next, with this.
Cam S chapter 8 . 2/10/2004
Well...I certainly like where this is going. Not to mention all the "interesting" quotes (if I used too many of these in conversation, I'd get thrown in an asylum. Hehe.)
I'm waiting for more-the plot is starting to get really interesting. Not to mention the fact that the world you've created here is exceptionally interesting.
Cam S chapter 6 . 1/30/2004
A very good chapter. A few typos, rustic and such, probably just a spell-checker error.
Can't wait to see this city of ever-changing laws, personally.
Kell Hound chapter 6 . 1/30/2004
great job keep writing
Cam S chapter 5 . 1/28/2004
This is shaping up to be a good story. Nice and surreal, and you truly make the setting seem alive, as you attempted to. You're doing a great job, and I can't wait until ch. 6.
Jack Michaelson chapter 3 . 1/20/2004
What a creepy, vivid story! Keep it up!
Jave Harron chapter 4 . 1/20/2004
It's been a while since I read this story, but I like it. However, I'd dare say it was as twisted as my own Project Atlas. Cam can tell you about that.
Cam S chapter 4 . 1/19/2004
Hehe. I'm beginning to see the "dark comedy" angle you put on it more clearly. This story is very enjoyable.
By the way, I love your imagery. You have a true gift for it.
Stephen S chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
A friend told me about you, and your stories, Kristoff. Ironically, I loved the chapters you put on the web for us all. I am most definately looking forward to reading the rest of the story when it's published. Be sure to tell us when it is, I'll be the first in line to get it.
Josh Lacombe chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
The first chapter was suprising for I had not seen a present tense manuscript attempted before. As I have no basis for reference, I will only say that the author's articulation was awesome and the descriptions only further enveloped my attention. It will be interesting to learn about his angular view on the meaning of purgatory. I look forward to reading more of this piece.
Cam S chapter 3 . 1/11/2004
an interesting chapter, to say the least. I liked your descriptions, everything has such a feeling of entropy, like the world around her is breaking down bit by bit.
Keep writing, Rob-it's a good story.
JN chapter 3 . 1/11/2004
My son has read your story and asked me to read it. It is very good - I will want to read your books when you are published. Great word choices and climax. Good luck Kristoff.
Nobody Important chapter 3 . 1/11/2004
I gotta say, the council scene was pretty cool. Hope you write more soon.