Reviews for Nullified
thinking.about.thinking chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Worded so beautifully...

.thinking
Staring Elf chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
I read some of your work but I must say that 'nullified' is the one that I most preferred. The first two lines make a great impact, they give you the feeling of staring into a stranger's eyes and then being conscious of a different universe from that person's point of view.

Thanks for posting

staring elf
Mitsunaga chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
Very elaborate. Never been any good at using words like that. I'm kind of a minimalist with Haiku. Simple but efficient. Nice job.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Pure, dizzying, frightening magic.
jeez...too bloody lazy, tired, and/or heat sick to review this properly. Suffice it to say that, while I was reading this, I completely forgot that it's 85 degrees and 99.99% humidity and somehow not raining and it bites. So easy to fall into the little universe of this poem, of this girl's mind. Bloody fascinating.
traylin chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
this is truly, truly beautiful
Melancholy Butterfly chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
This is most definitely a powerful and mesmerizing poem, which left me stunned, taking in each word you used and reflecting upon it with awe. Your word choice is magnificent, eg. "magnifying a locked reality", "nullified eros in abstract violence" and I like you use of metaphors. It is interesting how you turned a topic, one in which most people fear or simply don't understand to empathise, and turn it into something so capitivating and beautiful.
bach-player chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
i loved this poem! i have a daughter who is schizophrenic and every word had meaning for me! wonderful use of language! "locked reality ", "nullified eros, in abstract violence", "last prayers of a dying star"...i found these phrases to be especially powerful!
JuniperSky chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Excuse me while I go find my dictionary... ;)
Actuly I liked it.
JS
Free-Writer chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
This is wonderful...I didnt understand it at first but after a while I think I get it. I really like the last two lines.
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Mesmerizing. You most undisputably have an unsettling knowledge of the human psyche, and you have a shockingly intuitive ability to manifest it in such splendor. I loved the reference to Eros; wonderful touch there. Have you ever read "The Eden Express" by Mark Voneggut? I'd highly suggest it, you writing like this. Anyway, superb.
Jessica Daisy Dead Petals chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
Wow. "her mind is pretty." I liked that line. And your use of language here is amazing. Such pretty and underused words that came together so easily. And I like the dying star metaphor- ever heard of AFI? Their lyrics have lots of those types of metaphors in it. . .the only thing I could find wrong is a typo. Brilliant.
-Jess
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
It reminds me of someone I once knew...the feeling is just there, it left me speechless...An awesome art this is.
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Ah...every line of this is amazing amzing. Can I even pick a favorite? No. So I'm taking the easy way out and just adding the whole thing to my favorites list. God, if this is what you call "writer's block"...
lyv
p.s.
the answer was weekend. Yeah it was basically impossible. But made sense to me...
The Assassin's Shadow chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
That's cool that you portray her as beautiful. I'm bipolar and people tend to think of me as a freak. That is actually my nickname in school...it amuses me.
kiryuu500 chapter 1 . 1/11/2004