Reviews for Nullified
thinking.about.thinking chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
Worded so beautifully...

.thinking
Staring Elf chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
I read some of your work but I must say that 'nullified' is the one that I most preferred. The first two lines make a great impact, they give you the feeling of staring into a stranger's eyes and then being conscious of a different universe from that person's point of view.

Thanks for posting

staring elf
Mitsunaga chapter 1 . 6/15/2004
Very elaborate. Never been any good at using words like that. I'm kind of a minimalist with Haiku. Simple but efficient. Nice job.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Pure, dizzying, frightening magic.
jeez...too bloody lazy, tired, and/or heat sick to review this properly. Suffice it to say that, while I was reading this, I completely forgot that it's 85 degrees and 99.99% humidity and somehow not raining and it bites. So easy to fall into the little universe of this poem, of this girl's mind. Bloody fascinating.
traylin chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
this is truly, truly beautiful
Melancholy Butterfly chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
This is most definitely a powerful and mesmerizing poem, which left me stunned, taking in each word you used and reflecting upon it with awe. Your word choice is magnificent, eg. "magnifying a locked reality", "nullified eros in abstract violence" and I like you use of metaphors. It is interesting how you turned a topic, one in which most people fear or simply don't understand to empathise, and turn it into something so capitivating and beautiful.
bach-player chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
i loved this poem! i have a daughter who is schizophrenic and every word had meaning for me! wonderful use of language! "locked reality ", "nullified eros, in abstract violence", "last prayers of a dying star"...i found these phrases to be especially powerful!
JuniperSky chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
Excuse me while I go find my dictionary... ;)
Actuly I liked it.
JS
Free-Writer chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
This is wonderful...I didnt understand it at first but after a while I think I get it. I really like the last two lines.
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Mesmerizing. You most undisputably have an unsettling knowledge of the human psyche, and you have a shockingly intuitive ability to manifest it in such splendor. I loved the reference to Eros; wonderful touch there. Have you ever read "The Eden Express" by Mark Voneggut? I'd highly suggest it, you writing like this. Anyway, superb.
Jessica Daisy Dead Petals chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
Wow. "her mind is pretty." I liked that line. And your use of language here is amazing. Such pretty and underused words that came together so easily. And I like the dying star metaphor- ever heard of AFI? Their lyrics have lots of those types of metaphors in it. . .the only thing I could find wrong is a typo. Brilliant.
-Jess
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
It reminds me of someone I once knew...the feeling is just there, it left me speechless...An awesome art this is.
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Ah...every line of this is amazing amzing. Can I even pick a favorite? No. So I'm taking the easy way out and just adding the whole thing to my favorites list. God, if this is what you call "writer's block"...
~lyv
p.s.
the answer was weekend. Yeah it was basically impossible. But made sense to me...
The Assassin's Shadow chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
That's cool that you portray her as beautiful. I'm bipolar and people tend to think of me as a freak. That is actually my nickname in school...it amuses me.
kiryuu500 chapter 1 . 1/11/2004