Reviews for Hostility Restrained
Tweevil17 chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
amen, sister!
Omok chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
) Much a like you, *coughs* I'm in to girls; as a girl my self.

I really really loved your longest story ) I spent my whole afternoon reading *laughs* anyhow, enough about how wonderful your story is. xD

This essay, is very true on most of the grounds. Though, personally, I never experienced any discrimination in RL when i told people that I was homosexual ) but of course there's always, "online" and I would always debate with likes of those and win *laughs*

anyhow! wonderful works, and wonderful essay. Only if i'd be able to write something like your works.
alice chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
whoa powerful statement pretty brave of you..

i think ur right. jesus was meant to spread the message of love on earth. why would god single out gays? -_- i don't get it but w/e... nice essay..
Naa chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
If I were to call you a 'fag', I would have to call myself one as well. I've read a few of the poems you've posted and must admit that I adored reading your recent 'Fairytale Truth'. You're quite the open-minded artist and it's nice to see that you don't back down from what you write. Keep it up.
freak chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
*pumps fist in air* WOOT !... go FAGS ! we will soon rule the WORLD ! wahahaha !... just kidding ! :P
Joe chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
preach the trueth.

yes the bible was written by (as yo say) backwards, pre-prejudiced, foolish mankind.

people that like the same sex as they are are not freaks they are just normal people that just like there sex more than the other.

for I should know, I have both gay and bi freinds and I like the other sex.
Double Entendre chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
I know exactly how you feel. I'm gay and I write homosexual fanfics, too. I've heard bad things about gays, and I just can't understand why people are so prejudiced. ::shakes head::

Anyways, this was beautifully written, it accurately expressed your beliefs.
Rosa Vernal chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
Very well written. It's full of valid points.
Orleans and Bane, calm down and listen.
Bane, Orleans has the right to belive what she wants, and has the right to express it.
Orleans, I'm pretty sure that the reason why there's male and female is becasue the human race needs to produce more children. Congratulations on being mature enough to read and review without flaming.
Neither Jesus, nor Paul, nor any of the New Testament Scriptures imply that Christians are held to the cultic or ethical rules of the law of Moses.
Paul clearly taught that Christians are no longer under the Old Law (Galatians 3:23-25); that the Old Law is brought to completion in Christ (Romans 10:4); and its fulfillment is in love (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14). Jesus did deal with human sexuality in an open manner. He affirmed on one hand the goods of marriage, but also declared marriage is not for everyone (Matthew 19:3-12). Furthermore, the Bible does not record one word spoken by Jesus condemning homosexuality.
dreamshell chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
First off, if I may rant. New Orleans Chick, don't spew that crap out. The beliefs some people have are just as falliable as yours. Get over the fact that you must be right and therefore preach to us. Are you God? Unless you can say yes to that, then you've got no clue what such an entity would desire of us. You can't say men and women HAVE to be together. Nor, admittedly, can I say that people should make up their own damn minds about their sexuality. And another thing, the author of this has every right to "be judgemental" of other beliefs. We all do. And that crap about not thinking homosexuality right but not condemning it? I don't buy that. I mean, really, when you say that, you're saying "Oh, I believe you're going to Hell, but don't worry, I won't make fun of you for being a homo." And may I just say one thing more, only when the belief that people should be treated equal and just, NO MATTER WHAT, will their be reason not to judge other peoples' beliefs.
Now that that is over with...This was a very good piece. I agree whole-heartedly with you. It is awful that people discriminate and, though I'd like it to go away, I doubt it will. At least for a long while. But it was good of you to write this and show that there is one more enlightened person in this world. Why people are so hateful is beyong grasp and I say we need to actually start fixing that problem. Good read.
Formerly chapter 1 . 1/13/2004
Well, pretty good. Well written, you bring your points across pretty well, but I think you should have elaborated a bit more about... everything. For example:
"Even people who say they are totally without prejudice have some kind of festering distrust of some kind of peoples somewhere in the back of their minds."
Explain.
"A thought occurred to a friend of mine, who is a homosexual, about the situation we are in. My friend told me that being a homosexual is just a bit like being an African-American, or Asian, or whatever people discriminated openly until a few years back.
Though some people still do not accept those of different races, they are now realized peoples and are under the same laws as everyone else. My friend told me that the hate for homosexuals would probably go underground after a few years—just like it did for those of other races."
I find this a very interesting point, which can be used with more power by elaborating more. It isn't necessary, but it would help.
In any case, I attempt to support homosexuality, although I may not really go out of my way to do it. I agree, either there is no God, or God is different (very) from what we're told, or he really messed up.
Ja ne,
Max Krugman
New Orleans Chick chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
While this was a very interesting essay, I have to say that you have to respect other peoples' beliefs as well. Don't shut yourself out because people stand up for what they believe in. I'm a Christian, and I think that homosexuality is wrong, but I'm not going to condemn you for it. I think you're the one that's being judgmental of people who beilieve in something higher than themselves.
You have a flare for writing though, and you explain your feelings well, but you might want to take a closer look at the Bible and you will know that God had a reason for creating a man and a woman. But, you also have to remeber that he gave us free will. God loves all of his people and he is not like man that he descriminates against others. Discrimination is manmade, not by God. Anyway, keep writing.
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
I agree with you. Not all humanity disagrees - there are plenty of people who, you will find, share the same views you do. )

Keep writing.