Reviews for Sacrificial
ku chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
Well, I'm not surprised you've written something like this, especially when you recommend in your bio that we read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. A person I knew kept bugging me and asking me if she could copy my work, etc. In this case I guess it's okay to be a little selfish and say no. But if a little kid is being bullied right next to you and you just walk away? Come on! This world is not black-and-white and nor is morality.
KaiBee chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
I love how you open..going back to childhood credence and all..a friend and I wrote a piece like that called "Kool-aid Mustache Days" and are incorporating it with music for our band. I really like your style in your other works as well. I play the bass in my band too...which is also not going anywhere..and I'm proud to say I'm over 14 years old. I, too, feel like the minority...just not as far back as you. I'm 17 and haven't been to this site since I was 15..but what can you do. Anyway...I can relate to this song totally. I spread myself so thin trying to accomplish other people's goals that I forget my underline purpose. Anyway...to make a long review even longer...I really admire your technique and look forward to viewing more of you work.
EchoesOfReason chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
With the exception of the 'she' reference, I can completely relate to this song. I know how it feels to be helping others all the time and almost always forgetting yourself. That's happened to me one too many times, it's sad really! But I understand what you're saying. We've all got these giving hearts, a lot of people these days just ignore them and very few actually help other people, like yourself and I. We tend to give too much of ourselves, so much so we have none left for us! It's happened to me so often, I forget what it's like to feel shocked at the feeling of being stabbed in the back. We just give and give and we have all these goals, pending achievements, and all these expectations to live up to, yet we're pre-occupied with other people, helping them succeed in their goals and find themselves. Yeah, I completely understand.
Okay, over all, this was a great song/poem! Normally I review with the meaning of the song first so But this truly was well written, especially the chorus, or what looks like the chorus. Simple rhymes but very heartfelt. Very nicely done! Okay, enough rambling from me, great job on this! Take care, keep up the great job, and good luck with the writing.
Love always,