Reviews for Silhouette of Rhapsody
Avory chapter 7 . 6/7/2004
Absolutely brilliant! Luminous vibrancy! As always, beautiful diction, fluid prose, and heaps of sugary-sweet detail.
I. Am. Floored.
Captivating. Engaging. Breathtaking.
~
Please, I beg you, write more!
CieloPanda chapter 6 . 4/2/2004
So true that the human would be the one to say that the glass is half empty. Short, yet to the point and still teaches a good lesson. It's also interesting how it seems that the roles of the angel and demon are reversed - usually, it's the demon that leads people astray, while the angel gives the good and meaningful advice, and merely guides instead of persuades.
CieloPanda chapter 7 . 4/2/2004
This...just absolutely beautiful. The opening was just like a song - very lovely, and it fit so well into the rest of the story. The simplicity of the boys' lives puts so much more emphasis on the music and how much it means to them. The way you could also use descriptions that applied to both, but were not repeated, was also very excellent. It seemed like they were twins, yet not quite. Really beautiful.
CieloPanda chapter 4 . 3/16/2004
The innocence of the little girl is so dominant in this, it covers all the deep, dark bits...love it. Ankti seems so pure, while her brother isn't; the contrast is realistic, as most siblings tend to be opposites of each other. The realization hitting her only when she's an adult also adds to her innocence, and very nicely. The mention of calla lilies is very morbid, yet doesn't seem that way from Ankti's point of view. The only thing I'd have to say is...
"...her bare feet padded across the carpet, then to the hardwood floor as she crossed from the kitchen to the living room." I'd imagine that the living room would have carpet, not the kitchen...?
CieloPanda chapter 3 . 3/14/2004
This one is awesome. The loop is very ingenuitive. Short, and simple, yet still evokes a lot of thought. And of course, references to other writers/writings.
CieloPanda chapter 2 . 3/14/2004
Opens a whole new perspective...but I can't figure out what it is. Still, there are all those questions that it does open up...love it.
CieloPanda chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
I still love that acronym. Works really well with the story too, I might add. And I think I've already given my bit of constructive criticism on this one, haven't I? So joy, I shall praise, and move on to the next chapter!
Love and Destroy chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
It's very well written and sad! There's so much poetic description. It's really good. Sunrise