Reviews for What if Dragons are Real?
Nokanomi chapter 16 . 2/7
Normally, I like to read a whole fanfic before writing a review, and then writing one for every individual chapter.

This time around I feel fit to point out two things.

Firstly, you mentioned earlier in the story that this guy roleplayed. I want you to consider for a second that I have been trying to get into roleplaying for years, but have never had anybody that was willing to, though I did get to play approximately one tenth of a fate roleplay. Space pirates, if you're wondering.

This means however, that I find it unlikely, at best, that a half dragon could realistically find roleplaying buddies when his father, according to my best interpretation of him, would have likely attempted to keep him locked up.

Secondly, a person and a human are not two interchangeable things. They are synonymous, yeah, but they aren't the same.

A human is a member of a bipedal species.

A person is any being with agency, sentience, and sapience.

Some governments have begun to recognize "non-human persons" which in other words means that if they were interchangeable, those governments would basically be saying "non-human humans" which doesn't make much sense, now does it?

I am quite convinced that anybody who manages to get into university would know the difference, and due to the wording the message you tried to get across here ended up sounding quite a bit more tragic than you wanted it to, or at least I think it did.

I know I said I was only going to write about two problems, but while we're on the subject of humans and persons, dragons and humans, if they have differing genetics, cannot reproduce.

A genome can only be of a two percent difference from another genome in order for the two hosts of them to reproduce.

Dragons would most certainly have a differing genetic makeup from humans, and it would most likely be of more than a two percent variance.

The only way I could see you justifying this is if the human genome was similar to the dragon one because they came from a common ancestor and humans possess enough of the traits of a dragon, even though they're switched off for most, to inter-breed.

I'm assuming of course that you aren't going to go the "magic" route to explain this though, so if you are then my last point doesn't apply. Anyway, enjoy writing, auf Wiedersehen!
frostwind chapter 152 . 6/14/2013
first of all, i actually did finish the whole book in one sitting, lol took me two straight days. that just proves how well you made it. ;) never really got to leave the ending review since college kicked in and became isolated from the net until now.

okay, what could i say, it was amazing, though yeah like what i've said previously, there were indeed some errors that made some points a bit of a trouble to understand but no matter, the shear amount of creativity you've implanted into this piece is tremendous, it more than makes up for the undesired flaws.

beyond that i am speechless, at some point i did felt sad (mainly at ch140 and above) since i could tell that it was about to be cut short but seeing in the end that there were indeed alot more content waiting to be read, and by wondering about the fact that this was last updated 3 years ago knowing a sequel could be bound to be available, i got my mood back up. and indeed there were alot more coming.

probably going to read the parallel story first before going on with the two sequels, as i know the journey is only just beginning (for me atleast XD)
frostwind chapter 89 . 6/8/2013
good thing you warned your readers about the book being un-editted?
well anyways, i though it's big enough to mention now that you keep mixing up dragon names in this chapter, i've seen two where you've put talnorr instead on folknorr, good thing i could tell easilly ;) oh and one mixing up talnorr with talnon.

iv'e seen some misplaced words (can't classify them as typos as they are real words) we'll they seemed readable enough, one with enough reading comprehension could see through that, but misplaced names, well that's a bit more hard to understand so i just had to put this up. sorry if you're offended.

don't get me wrong though, i love this story, i left a pre-review on the intro just to say hello. right now im at a 23 hour reading spree (from the start to this chapter) anyways im looking forward to finish this in one sitting, trust me, it's better for me that way ;)

btw, about this comment/review just sent today, im aware how old this story is, but i don't care, im loving it
frostwind chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
for a pre-reviev, 3 books?! woah! this is gonna take some time. seems interesting alright, see you at the end ;)
THE PLAN chapter 11 . 6/4/2013
That was one long ass paragraph.
Iceleaf chapter 121 . 2/9/2013
I agree with what I think your idea of normal is. Boring and more of an insalt. Weird being a complement of course.
Iceleaf chapter 93 . 2/8/2013
Sicknesses are frightening.
I do not like this chapter.
Iceleaf chapter 80 . 2/8/2013
I thought that was what he was planning since the thanksgiving chapters.
Iceleaf chapter 6 . 2/5/2013
What is she talking about at the end?
Iceleaf chapter 2 . 2/5/2013
Scales; how interesting. And I would think, pretty.
If I met someone with scales I would probably ask to touch them. The avoiding him just does not make sense to me.
lordanubis6238 chapter 79 . 1/4/2013
Incredible story so far. I don't know if you still are reading these but it is amazing so far. I started reading about 11am and am just forcing myself to go to bed now at 2am.(took a few breaks to play wow in there lol). I look forward to finishing this story and reading more of your work. I hope you keep up the good work, so i can read your books for years to come! You should think about publishing them, even if just in ebook format.
If you want to contact me my email is
x-rayLady chapter 152 . 11/22/2012
Eh? I've read this story with a lot of interest, but now that it's finished, I am not sure I understood what exactly happened... Wow, you've been at this a long while, no wonder the story seems like more than one story. I personally think the whole Matt-coming-to-terms-with-his-adoptive-parents is a separate story from Choas-exploding-the-magic-well one. But hey, two-stories-in-one is no prob for me, although it might be for an editor if you ever plan on getting it published, so that's why I mentioned it...
Orpheu5 chapter 151 . 10/22/2012
Damn phone. Accidentally submitted before I was done. Anyway, when I read something that completely captures my imagination, I get this surge of energy that renders me unable to sit still until I finish whatever it is. I got this with the Dresden Files books, Hexwood, and lots of other amazing stories. Yes, I'm favorably comparing you to bestselling authors. Don't let it go to your head. While I still believe that you made some big mistakes during the opening of the story, you did a great job in building off of them. While I would have immensely disliked some of the plot elements present in the closing chapters had they happened earlier, by that point you had reached near-Gainax levels of escalation, so I just sort of threw up my hands and said 'Yeah, sure, why not.' I love the worl you created with this story, and really want to write a crossover or two. This would get in the way of my own in-progress story, though, so that may not end up happening. I'm looking foreward to seeing more of this setting, mainly because it has the most interesting dragons I've seen since the book Serafina. So keep writing, and may your imagination never run dry.

Oh, while I'm at it I should clarify something from my initial review. I just didn't want Connie to knowingly be part of the inevitable Masquerade. I had no objections to her playing an integral role to the story.

...Oh yeah, there was one more thing I wanted to mention. Your writing style and your voice in the author's notes reminded me a lot of my best friend, so I like you as a person despite having not actually spoken to you. It's irrelevant to the story, but I still felt it needed to be said.
Until we meet again, good luck.
Orpheu5 chapter 152 . 10/22/2012
Alright, burned through the last ninety chapters on my phone when I should have been sleeping. As such, this review may not make perfect sense.

First, the title is crap. You probably know this already.

Second, the reason I pulled an all-nighter to finish this is because when I read something that captures my imag
Orpheu5 chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
...This chapter makes me want to slam my head against a wall. I mean, seriously, this is just so goddamn contrived, and a huge part of what had interested me thus far was the mystery of the circumstances surrounding his birth. That, and I'd been hoping against hope that the 'growing wings and learning to fly' comment wasn't blatant foreshadowing.
724 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »