Reviews for The Purpose of Calculus
ara07 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
yeah, i wonder what grade you get _ it was very funny and entertaining, especially the asymptotic part
Ben Tramsami chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
I'll have you know that I took Calculus I in college and that class was 2.5 hours long. (Granted, it was only two days a week, but still... two and a half hours!)

I was actually planning on being a math major before I took Calculus, but after that class I realized trying to get a math degree would make my head explode.

Anyways, excellent summary of the math class that makes all the previous math classes cower in fear.
Sundavar chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Omg, this was absolutely amazing! Very cute and funny!
ludicrouscow chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
hahhaAHAHHAA i'm really curious to know what grade you got on this assignment. other than that, LOVE this. i was giggling the whole way through. yay math! :]]
Sharky237 chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Oh my gosh! Let me start out with saying that I am a math major in college right now (just starting out). Everything you said was absolutely right. I loved your humorous outlook on all of the ridiculous hoops that Calc teachers make their students go through. Love it, love it, love it!

Cheers

~~sharky
Lizzie chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Hehehee this made me laugh, i'm doing a maths degree! lucky mee right! love how you described integration by substitution and the little bit on the chain rule :D
Lullay chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Excellent ! I can understand your pain, I feel the same way XD
tracey chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
i'm currently taking calculus for my senior high school year, and i find that i totally agree with what you're saying. i personally do NOT favor math 5, but i'm trying to overcome it so i can actually graduate.

nice to know i'm not alone in the world :)
Juliet chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
Hi, it's Juliet and I'm pleased to let you know that you've been added to ADoR's archive. Congratulations! Here's your raving review:

The summary says it all. If you've ever taken Calculus, you'll find this one-shot to be quite the amusing one. It will make you laugh. :)

XOXO,

Juliet
BeanBagChair11 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
XD anesthesia! soo true though! t.t

hilarious read! love the limit one. xD
infinite101 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
'Calculus is a very effective form of anesthesia.'

Lmao! This just made my maths revision a little bit brighter - cheers for that ] - now i'm off to integrate some trig functions lol
Scribbling Death chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Imagine a 90 minute course.

Yes, very, very, very painful. Seriously. Calculus was the worst. Ever. Class. It made me hate math like never before. And considering I've never hated math...that said something about the course.

Yeah, u-substitution? The steps you described? Exactly what I felt. Exactly.

I'd take my Calc book. Look at it. Feel a headache coming on. And ignore it. A very simple, four step process.

Funny piece. I sympathize with your pain. I need to send this to other fellow sufferers
Lady Dan chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Hahahaha! I had myself a long, hard, good laugh at this! It's so true... Yet, simultaneously sad in its trueness... :/

Actually, as I type this, I really should be studying for the Calc 4 final... Thanks for aiding in my procrastination! \o/
jules chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
honey if you think a 50 minute calc class is bad, just imagine taking an 85 minute calc class. oh joy an extra 35 minutes to cram net area and integration problems down my poor throat.
candiesnbunnies chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Lol... Tell me you didn't fail.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »