Reviews for The Purpose of Calculus
Zoius and the Devil chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
very funny ;)

the only thing that bugged me was that you titled it a "brief, yet concise...etc etc." in saying concise, you have managed to restate brief - there's no need, then, to say brief in the first place.

-zozo
ali chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
So true! I had calc tuesday and thurday for 90 minutes and friday for 45. 1st thing in the morning (7:45 am)! I could never tell wtf the teacher was talking about.
Jada Writes chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Very entertaining. I'd love to know what kind of mark you got for this!
Sidhe chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
This was hilarious. I started cracking up as I read it.
jiali18 chapter 1 . 2/16/2009
LOL, I especially loved the the thing with the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. I got so pissed when we had to learn how to do it the long way the first day, and then the actual Fundamental Theorem the second day, the day RIGHT after we learned the long way. WHY did we have to learn the long way? Gawd, and we got tested on that long piece of useless garbage. As long as we know how to do the Fundamental Theorem, why would we even have to LEARN the long way of doing things? Damn, school is supposed to teach us some time management skills. That was not time management. It took me two hours to do that assignment.

And wow...that was a good venting session. Thanks for this piece. And right now all I can say is thank goodness AP Calc will be done in let's see...two and a half months. But that means, the AP exam is coming up in two and a half months...ah oh well. I'll worry about that later. :D
atreyu love chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
haha... i hate calculus.
Eternity is Calling chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Haha, beautiful! I will remember it in my upcoming exam and laugh!

Liss :)
terriestal-angell chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Crap.. I seriously need to send this to all my friends

I sympathize with you. Considering that people on my end of the world take Calculus about 3-4 years before you guys in the US do, and we DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. (note: I assume you're from US if you can take Calculus as a course instead of having it as a compulsory topic in your curriculum, which kinda sucks)

I love what you did for Integration by Parts, I hate it the most. Especially when they lead it into a

"Hence, integrate ..." coz that means MORE algebraic manipulation...

I'm actually very curious to know; did you count the number of problems you did before your teacher gave you all the rules to help, or is that a random number you came up with?
iceebob chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
lol. calculus...

im a sophmore, and school just started today. A lot of my friends are taking calc, but I got super lazy. I'm planning to take Stat, it's just so much easier. Hm, maybe it's a little more boring. But, eh? At least I can pass.

You actually turnd this in? My math teacher's tight, but some of the math teachers are are a collection of Hitler and Homer Simpson. If I turn something like this in last year, I would have gotten detention.
loves him chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
so i happened to come across this through someone's else's favorites list.

&& now i can understand why it was placed there in the first place.

pure hilarity.

i liked the pain distribution part (i can agree with it totally. calculus likes to kick you repeatedly and remind you 'punk, you thought you were gonna survive junior year? think again')

&& ohmygoodness. you have figured out limits to a science.

loved this.
onlysesshomaru26 chapter 1 . 5/30/2008
OMG someone understand me! someone feels my pain. Im in AP Calculus and it is no joke...it makes you forget basic math. Nice job i thought it was funny
Duuude chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Math is so depressing...

I have no life when I'm doing math work. My brain cannot concentrate on another thing at the same time. Which is probably why I end up never doing my homework or studying.

I'm not going to take Calculus. I hate what I've seen of it. There's a slight chance that I will and if I do I'll hate the whole time, I'm sure of it.

Seriously, leave the numbers to counting. Don't mix them with letters and turn them into complicated formulas and theorems and crap. Counting is hard enough itself. XD

Math Hate.

sundanced chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Holy hell.

I finished Calculus I (multivariable calculus), and while the entirety of Calculus was fun (FOR ME...:p), I love this piece.
Itsa Mia chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE READ ALL YEAR! And its full of truth. I actually understood the u-sub thing in this way. Wow, i can't believe you turned this in. It deserves an a, which i hope you got. Great real life applications, which teachers never give... Absolutely hilarious!
minor5chord chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
lol, you forgot sums. I hate them so much. I laugh, esp. at "take out your brain. Call it "u"." udu...argh. And then there's v.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »