Reviews for The Purpose of Calculus
ifaye chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Congratulatios! You just earned my hard-to-reach-admiration for writing this piece. XD

I hava taken Calculus I and now I'm currently taking Calculus II (Integral Calculus) this semester, so I have gone (and still going) through the same thing.

I like it, how you describe the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, and it is so damn true. I also agree with you about Integration being fun in a sadistic way.

For me though, Calculus, to sum it all up, is one big headache. XD

Good job in this one! I like it very much that I emailed the link to my fellow classmates so that they can read it too.
Princess of Lies chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
I haven't taken Calculus yet, and I'm really dreading it. But, I understand the concepts (sort of) of it because my friend complains about it to me all the time (As if I could help him with it!). But this is really funny, and if it's okay, can I print this out and show it to my friend? He'd really get a kick out of it. )
Solarfox chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
this is soo how i feel. I even tell my calc teacher these things. I go into class singing failure but come out singing doom.
karan811 chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
calculus is fun, my favorite class.
jammi chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
If I'd read this while taking my calculus class I probably would've remembered a few of teh rules, lo, since this is all too true. Ha ha, best part is the 'please don't fail me'. Everything up to that had me nodding and smiling but that line summed up my calculus experiance to the fullest.
Cortney chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
You turned this in? What did your teacher say?

And I love your method of u substitution - very accurate.
Shawn chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
I love you. That is so true. Especially the part about teachers not telling us the simpler rules until we've done it the hard way a billion times.

Also, can we instead fill our heads with yogurt of jell-o instead of fondue? I'm not much of a cheese fan.
McQuinn chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
THANK BOB I'm not the only one! Peerfect description of how I'm currently feeling. I just want this year to be over already. *headdesk*
Melora Kimzey chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
I haven't taken Calc yet but this is still funny. The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus Teachers definitely sounds familar. My pre calc teacher did the same thing, and then he took a poll to see which way the class liked better. the hard way never won.
Lizz chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
as someone who has taken calc, i sympathize fully. this is a great way to make the horror of calc a better place. go you! i think ill send this to my calc teacher...*evil grin*
hope you passed,
lizz
AngiePanj chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
I loved it...it explains calc to a T. It was wonderful. I am going to print and give it to my calc teacher.
setokaba chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
i personally love calculus, but this is a good essay
Green-Eyed Genie chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
I know, I know, I'm a weirdo, but I love calculus! It's so logical (unlike life) I guess the pain distribution rule does work!
Cheers, Genie.
Aureole chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Will take calculus in a few years time but I managed to get the gist of things. Looking forward to the fondue :D
mrs.shigwa.cobain chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
That was hilarious, and oh so true.
"Please don't fail me." Oh, it's great! *wipes tears of laughter*
And so I've finally found the purpose, thank you for filling that void in my life. I'll have to tell my teachers this, I'm sure they'll *appreciate* this one. Great job!
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »