Reviews for Fate's Winds
Blondiej1 chapter 29 . 11/22/2010
WOWOWOWOWOW THat was good I'm going to start the next series NOW!

Sarah!
Blondiej1 chapter 27 . 11/22/2010
I LOVE HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY SO NOW I LOVE YOU TOO (even more so than i did just because of your story!)

Wow so far it's been amazing so I hope the rest is just good.

"Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."

Douglas Adams

Just one of my few favorites!
Vampire Kitsune chapter 28 . 11/17/2007
*scream of laughter*

I love the

"Shadow, you're shadow!"

"He's shadow shadow"

"So double shadow?'

And Shadow uh, Shadow, is standing there totally bamboozled.

:D *giant grin*
soliloquist chapter 29 . 12/7/2006
I read every word. Here are some typos and spelling errors that I spotted- you may want to change them before you send it in to a publisher:

Ch. 7, 8 &10 - the word molted is used instead of mottled. Mottled means a mixture of similar shades, molted means shedding hair/feathers.

Ch.8 - you said the Gossips 'confrenced amongst themselves' I don't think this is a real verb. Conferred would be better.

Ch.10 - you said 'titled her head' instead of tilted her head.

Ch.13 - dieing is not a word. dying means becoming dead. dyeing means colouring something.

Ch.14 - 'Shge wondered...' - just a typo

'might led to Cal'asan' should be might lead to...

Ch.16 - 'Some stupid expirement' should be experiment

Ch.20 - 'along-ago stories' should be long-ago stories

'The Lord's whose' incorrect use of an apostrophe (a mortal sin!)

Ch.21 - 'The Lord Provest' should/could be 'the Lord Provost' (otherwise it sounds like he has a fetish for undergarments)

Ch.22 - 'his meatl armor' I would write 'his metal armour'

'the staris were...' typo (stairs)

'took the into the castle' typo (them)

Also, you mentioned at the end of this chapter that the Welsh are outnumbered 4:1 by sheep. I live in New Zealand where our population is about 4 million and we have more than 20 million sheep. Making our ratio 5:1 - one better (or worse, depending on your point of view) than the Welsh.

BTW. I am not obsessive-compulsive...just pedantic.

Brilliant story...now, on to the next! I hope you send it on to a publisher- I really do think that you could get it published. However, first you should remove or perhaps rename several of the more obvious Mercedes Lackey influences. I'm not sure if you've read any of his books, but I also think you would really enjoy Raymond Feist's novels (start with Magician).

Anyway, thank you for the great read and I will continue to R&R the sequels (of course, I have to read them first). If you want to email me copies of stories before you post them on FP, I would be happy to edit them for spelling and sense.
Cocokitty chapter 29 . 2/16/2006
i loved it, i loved it, i loved it. this story was one of the best i have ever read
Etenebris chapter 6 . 12/29/2005
Sorry for not reviewing lately. Although it probably HAS given you some rest from the constant email alerts you get from moi. And many others, I'm sure. So...Air's'guardian. Hm...that's like smashing two words together, am I right? Is it pronounced the same way, as if you were saying it with the two words seperated? Oh, and thanks for reviewing my story. It makes me (as you say) all "warm and fuzzy inside". So...thankee!
Etenebris chapter 5 . 12/16/2005
Ooh...I love how you mixed in the little topic of Shadow's name. A couple questions, though:

1) How did Shadow know Aria is the Encair?

2) Why is it so difficult to explain what the Encair is, if it's the Air's Guardian? I mean, the other gossips could've told them that. Unless it's this thing of a curse or spell...or something...

Don't feel the need to answer these questions...they're pretty much rhetorical, since I think you've already answered them in chapters after this one. I'm just asking for the sake of just asking. And one note: Aria is really patient with the whole Encair business. I would probably be holding Shadow's head underwater for answers at that point. Go Aria!
Etenebris chapter 4 . 12/14/2005
NOW we're getting Fantasisitic! Love it!
Etenebris chapter 3 . 12/14/2005
Yay! LoTR! Yay!

Okay, really, my opinion on this story hasn't changed. Just keep writing! Well, actually, keep adding to the final part of the trilogy. This one's complete...
Etenebris chapter 2 . 12/14/2005
Wow...just wow. Very interesting storyline. I was a little confused, at first, but it's all good now.

However, there's one problem: why did they choose Aria to be the heir? Why not some random shmoe? What makes Aria so special? I mean, couldn't I be the heir? After all, I'm so pretty...well, I'm a guy...but so what!
Etenebris chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
Great story! The Gossip Queen...unconventional for a fantasy story name. Which means I like it! As I review your stories (and trust me, I'm going to be reviewing every single chapter of this series...don't ask why) you'll find that I really don't like the usual titles, like Ragamar the Dragon Heir or things like that. A little creativity is all I want. And in this story, it's what I got.

However, it is slightly confusing. Also good. I just hope you'll elaborate further in some way in the next few chapters, because otherwise I'll think 1) What's with these people's names? 2) Why isn't Aria all that surprised by the discovery of the room. 3) What is a "timetable" (although it's pretty easy to infer as to what that is...I think...).

Some grammatical errors, as well as some spelling mistakes.

One example of something:“My name’s Aria Davidson.” The queen-girl extended her hand genially. “Shana. Just Shana.” Aria shook her hand gingerly, not sure if it was supposed to be a joke.

I think it should be this:“My name’s Aria Davidson.”

When you continue dialogue with a different person, you start a new paragraph. However, I'm not the King of the English Language, so don't take everything I say as fact; I don't either.
Casey Drake chapter 19 . 11/26/2005
um, you can email me the answer to this one, but how do you pronounce Pyr's name? I thought it was peer-shah-LIHN or PEER-shah-lihn.

:) CD
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
Unusual start, and the door/wall part and the being dragged into the group seems a little unbelievable but it's an intruiging start.
Stereohead chapter 29 . 6/19/2005