Reviews for Words
Kay chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
My goodness. you capture everything a word is. Excellent. I feel as though the last two lines don't match with the rest of the poem, however. hope all is well! cheers~k
Moonchylde chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
I don't know how to describe the way it struck my heart. I suppose that there is a lot of truth in it which I haven't come to realize yet.
I really like this piece. Thank you for giving me and everyone else a chance to read it. It's great, I'd like to read more of your work someday. *smiles*
Tanika chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
hey McD... i haent visited this site on the longest time. i havent written in months... i cant i dont know why but i cant im not interested in it. this is a very good poem. EXCELENT. i like this poem alot. i myself always wanted to write a poem about this. i used to sit there and be like... how can a blend of letters and words have such an affect on the world? same letters can be used diff. to make someone either cry or jump for joy. why is reading so... so... so interesting..its nothing but words! words and letters. sorry lol im just happy someone wrote a poem about it... good job i love it!
LiquidGenesis chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
I like the fact that this poem is very general about the good of words, especially since it's linked to largely religious source (I'm assuming a Christian cathedral service, let me know if I'm wrong.) I find that many poems inspired by such things contain strong connections to 'God' and such. I like how this wasn't the case and that you focused on something much more important than words; their meaning. Lovely piece, I hope to read some more of your stuff soon.
Bless.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
interesting play on writing. i can definitely say in all honesty that this is the best poem on poetry i have ever read on this site. the rhythm was practically consistant throughout, it flowed so smoothly with the beyond accurate descriptions, and it was very original.
this line reminds me of something and im trying to remember it so bad...
"To spread a rumour of hope in despair," uh yes, william blake...wow you reminded me of william blake, good one.
anyway, great work, keep it up. kudos!
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Hmm I wasn't expecting this to be good because I usually don't enjoy poems like this. But it's very well done considering you were bored during a cathedral service.. hehe.
Jenna xx
Check out some of my stuff if you wish! It would make my day. )
acccountkiller chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
Lol, *applause*, that is really good! How come I didn't get author alert... lol. I never looked at words that way! But ya,...they are hella powerful, nice way to say it though, good poem! Btw, seeing as hotmail is unreliable bull... euh...stupid stuff, did you get my last e-mail?
'Infinite letters blurred within a carbon cage'
carbon cage :D. Good imagery! Love,Mia
PS:his dad is an assassin...my friends...nice huh
Bleedingtree chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
AH! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN? too long i think. well i love this! absolutely fantabulous! how are you? i'm fine! great... with the exception of being sick for the past week and a half! but anyways! you should read and review the rest of my eighty odd poems and things.. as i have now reviewed all of yours. hop to it then! hope all is well
~Kim
MsWriter chapter 1 . 2/1/2004
wow who knew words could mean so much. I think this is a good poem.