Reviews for I got me a Nicola
The Postscript chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Well written . . . not at all for the depth, but for the sense of rhythm carried in conjunction with a light, almost childish feel. Similar to the beginning of Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte) "Catherine Earnshaw, Catherine Linton . . ." it is like the fantasy of a lover, spelling out their possible future names as if to try it on for a fit. Keep writing, k.
T. Finky chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
So few people appriciate non-serious poetry. If it hasn't got "life is a web of misery interspersed with agony" or similar content, apparantly it's not poetry. But this is nice and sweet, and it made me smile. Basically I enjoyed it, which is what reading is all about. Good job :)
Jyynx chapter 1 . 11/1/2004
Erms...-sighs-
Ok, now...LMAO, sorry, just that, well, it doesn't...grab me in a way, but a word of a advice, lol, no one declared you the reincarnated Edgar Allan Poe, so try something called constructive criticism on other people, more in particular when you have stuff like this ;)
Todd B. James chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
Apparently, you weren't joking when you said you had one. _ Anyway, this is a funny little poem that really outlines the specifics of how crazy love makes your mind, and the presentation in first-person format, as well as the repetition of the object of affection's name, really make this aspect come to life. The middle line, "I ticola," as well as the one directly after, "I kiss Cola" are exactly the kind of abstract imagery that's missing from much of today's love poetry. "I Ticola" gives me the idea that the author is tickling her, making her laugh, making her squirm with happiness, and that he's so overjoyed by the experience as well that he can't even say her name right, and he combines the word tickle with Nicola. Great work. The line "I kiss Cola" does something similar in that he's too confused in love to speak straight, but it also works in literal form, as he believes that kissing her is a 'sweet' experience, and likens it to cola. I may be reading quite a bit too much into this, but the interpretation does seem to fit, no? Anyway, great simplistic poem, and very great love poem. Hard to do well, I know.
Keep writing!
-T.J.
LovesTeardrop chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
Aww. This is cute. Your first poem. And guess what? My names Nicola. Good poem though, really.
sheZadey chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
aww that was cute!
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
hehehehe cute! and oh, ive reached the end (ten years later :P) ;) ive enjoyed. now, post more so i can review more?
sashay amour'e chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Very interesting... I don't know whether I like it or not but, it's kinda catchy.
twiggygurlusa chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Yep thats different... its cute in a lovey wanna puke cutesy kinda way.. anyway i like it
Tatsu-Dreamer chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Chessy but, cute.
Sterces chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
Awe this was so cute! Lucky girl! Sweet poem!
Breaking Heart chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
umm, ok that was interesting.

irish lover
Tetris Queen chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
aww. you're lucky to have a nicola. it sounds fantasticola.
andy chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
this is rubbish!
no offence
Moonlighting chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
um...let me guess...you got a nicola?
I bet she's chuffed with this! tis funny.