Reviews for Pietá
Eirien chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
Wonderful. A work of art that tries to mirror the complexity and ravishing, overwhelming denseness and beauty of the work of art it gives homage to. One has to read it a few times in order to grasp the meaning(s) (and even then one isn't sure yet ;-) ), but that can exactly be a trademark of good poetry, can't it?
Thanks so much for your review, it was very much appreciated. Thanks also for telling me that that quote in your profile is Ancient Egyptian, I was already wondering. Speaking some Gaelic myself (Scottish Gaelic, though I'm rather out of practice), I wouldn't have mistaken it for Gaelic. I was rather referring to the title of one of your poems, "éadromaigh". I'd love to hear more from you, and I'm definitely going to have a look at your other works as soon as I find the time. ;-)
Bitten Caliban chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
I guess they get better and better, no?
Although this one was much shorter, it was more precious. I love the rhyme scheme.
Happy contemplatings.
-Rick
R.W. Zeppler chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
A very interesting poem! I liked it!
koruneko chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
ooh that was amazing. it's so pretty.
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
I don't think any words on a screen could quite match the power/beauty of Michaelangelo's work. But yours certainly don't discredit it. I love the fourth and last lines. Nice work. Oh and ah we're studying the Renaissance right now...not to mention the fact that the Pieta has got to be one of my favorite works of art, not just sculpture, *ever*...so yeah basically I died when I saw this. Lovely. End.
lyv
Lidless Eye chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
Really neat and thought-provoking... Great work!
Lidless Eye
Pont chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
Whoa short -
anywho, good job, you're good with words, now let's still work on the 'what are you talking about' gambit shall we? *buisnesslike clap* :P
overall good, thanks for reviewing me, and sorry, but the authors-note-is-stuck-to-the-poem is a problem I'm trying to fix, but for some reason my line spaces don't show up when I transfer them to fictionpress. Don't worry though, I'm working on it.
I again have trouble with figuring out what the focus of your poem is. You may want to extrapolate on that one thing for a little more, use less solid nouns and more describing nouns and adjectives, and verbs are good too. (m...verbs... *hungry*)
on to the other poems!
ja ne
pont
hidden relevance chapter 1 . 2/2/2004
this is stunning.. i don't know if it's because it's so short that it holds such an amount of power or if it's the imagry.. but this is absolutely stunning