Reviews for This Lethal Combination
ubercognito chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Pchh, verbal communication is pretty important. I mean, kissing and holding hands and such is great, but talking's pretty good, too. Note that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Next time, bash the husband. The whole thing about women being seen/not heard pisses me off and while that probably wasn't your intent...it came off like that a bit. Trust me, the patriarchy can take a beating.
Magentian chapter 1 . 3/12/2004
*grins* This is what poetry is meant to sound like. The couplets, contrary to whatever that unutterable down there said, work here... and the overall effect reminds me irresistably of Shell Silverstein. Same kind of rhyme scheme and rhythm. My only peeve is the "even" before "now too complex" in the third line from the bottom, which skews the beat of it a little. Tres bon.
Turtle Queen of Freeks chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
Wierd.
Draconian Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
wow! you rhymed and there was rhythem! i like it, very true statement about out world where althogh communication is essential it is also deadly. the word dwells could have been used without the plural.
orangefreak33 chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
I really liked it, the rhyme works and doesn't seem forced.
The last 4 lines made me laugh.
Formerly chapter 1 . 2/4/2004
A bit of advice: Rather than looking for meaningless rhymes, write something sensical. Or blank verse (rhymes are sincerely overrated).
nl1 chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
That was a good and smart poem.
misau37 chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
very nice! i like the last line!
Liquid Ice Maiden chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
This is great! I love the Two end lines, I'm gonna read the rest of your stuff...
~KIU~
**Liquid**
LegendaryPunk29 chapter 1 . 2/3/2004
One thing to say, GREAT poem! I truly loved it! wat an awsome poem uve created here! really nice job here, keep writing!
If u can, plz r and r some of my work, it will mean a lot to me!
Thanks!