Reviews for cicadas
This is brilliant. Wow.
Ivriniel chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Beautiful, nice imagery.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
Ach, you have a really quiet-but-overwhelming way with crisp, simple, emotional imagery.
*vows to come back and read more.*
Needa S chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
This is awesome. I wish I had a way with words like you. Thank you for your review and suggestions. I posted another piece if you get the time check it out. Keep writing you are very talented!
darkperversion chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
lovely
Kellza chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
A beautifully sad nod to the ephemeral- the shortlived nature of human life, especially childhood, is what makes it so coveted. You conveyed this universal feeling uniquely and very well.
Misanthropic Sylph chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
I loved the imagery (even though I find butterflies terrifying) and just the fact that it's a tanka (you don't see many of those nowadays) but I have a feeling I'm missing something. Is there (like traditional haikus) meant to be reference/comparison to human nature? o_0;. However I'm a poetry-idiot so you probably shouldn't take me too seriously.
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
When I saw the name I HAD to review :) We're analysing a poem about them for English. Anyway onto the more important things... I love the poem its so simple yet beautfiul. The last lines are just amazing. Well done!
featherlight chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Beautiful imagery...even the words sound fragile and delicate. I love it!
sleah chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
Okay, so I just read a couple of your pieces and I must say that I like them all. But I really love this one.
It's short and to the point (as are most of your pieces), and it seems like you took the time to push a lot of emotion into only a couple of words. (A very hard thing to do.) And you did it very well.
Yabou
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
alright, i was trying to wait for a moment where i could just sit down and review all the pages and pages of poetry i haven't reviewed yet in one sitting. but obviously, that day is slow in coming, and if i go another day without reviewing *something* of yours i think i'll hang myself. THEREFORE, i'm going to work through everything little by little a poem a day at least and more if i have time . . . starting with this one.

it's fabulous. i love how all the words *crunch* and crack when you read them reading this was like crumbling a really fragile skeleton in the palm of my hand. *SO* cool. "brittle bones of dreams" was my favorite line, mostly because it just embodied the brittleness you construct the whole poem with. nice tanka, chica. :)
frugale chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
I find it hard to describe this one. The whole spirit is there, clinging to dead memories (this was written to prove to myself I understood it right). Part down-to-earth, part dreamy; many realistic and fantasy images come to me whenever I read it.
You managed to blend the two ideas perfectly; I was surprised by your fluent transtion! Enough for now or it'll be flavor-less, and I'm looking forward your next piece.
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Beautiful!
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
Incredible work... I can remember stomping on a few of those suckers when out having a fun time with friends... Or catching the butterflies in dumb nets and having them get away while trying to hold them...
incredible poem. brings memories back from better days. Write on.
Children of the Root chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
I like it. Its very beautiful.