Reviews for Pieces of Yesterday
Mistress Jakira chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
That was really good! I love the conclusion! It looks exactly like what you said it should mean-that it's about trying to escape the past. But I also sense in the beginnings of the poem a longing to bring it back...like how now the past seems so much better than it did when it was the present. In the second verse, it seems like when the 'pieces of yesterday' (which, by the way, is a masterful line and phrase which I wish I had thought of myself) 'fell with the rain', it meant that when you had hard times you remembered the past and it felt like it was broken and you couldn't repair it...I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling really emotional and 'deep' today. XD
I really like this poem a lot, though, it's really good. _ You're so skilled! ~MJ
Azaelia Hamwich chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Very clever piece of writing - I like this, it makes you think :)
I really enjoy reading your poetry (oh and it wasn't too long! It didn't drag on or anything!) Well Done! :D
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
Awesome ideas. I enjoyed your poem. Just a few things though, in a couple of places it seems to drift off a little. It's easy to get caught with rhyming, sometimes rhyming helps and sometimes it hurts. Don't limit wonderful ideas with rhyming words, it's just not worth it. Overall though, I believe you have very good potential. Well done!
Whiro chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
Very nice, sounds kinda umm regretful to me. I like it!
Hey guess what? I posted 3 new ones! Go me!
~Whiro~
DragonsEclipse chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
Well written. I think a lot of people can relate to this. I do, to a degree. Great word choice. This flowed extremely well. I love your descriptions. Keep up the great work! _
bach-player chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
i especially liked:
I found pieces of yesterday
In puddles on the street
good imagery
nine iron chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
A touching poem I can releate to, I have tried to escape the past but I just had to turn around and stop running. Because I can releate to it this poem actually means alot to me, I am so glad to have found it, it must be one of my favorites on here now. I love and mention of 'pieces of yesterday' it is a beautiful phrase and such originality. It is intense but looses it towards the end, that isnt a bad thing. it makes the conclusion one of admittance and acceptace. Very good work, beyond any talent I will ever find within myself so keep writing. Im off now to read you other works and I hope they all are as half as good as this. It is one work I would love to see in print.
nine iron
Flavor of Rain chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
You can never really get rid of what's in the past...
DIEDELETED chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
Wow! I really enjoyed reading this because you got the imagry going really good. The past can never go away eh?
Bitten Caliban chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
And YOU are saying I am a good poet? Jesus Christ, your writing makes me jealous all over.. That goes into my favourites...
All right, well I have no comments except it ws flawless and brought an unexplainable sense of pleasure to me.. yes, I do take pleasure in reading good poems :]
Happy writing, waiting for more.
Drow.
Caitir chapter 1 . 2/7/2004
wow... you have a gift for rhyme, and the pictures are wonderful... absolutely amazing!