Reviews for Facta Non Verba
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 3 . 5/13/2004
Mae Govannen.
I love this stuff! You are defineitly a top-of-the-heap writer. Quality wise, leastways. And great, wonderful content. Thought out a bit, but mostly just severly twisted and pointing out the sheer silliness of it all. Which is a thing that needs to be done well and frequently. Too bad the masses don't seem to agree with me... Being serious is so boring. And leads to uncomfortable things like war and killing and murder and general unhappiness. As well as a distinct lack of internet. Which would cause me to temporarily shut down due to extreme emotional stress. Or withdrawal. I wonder what the symptoms of internet withdrawal are... *ponders*
Thank you greatly for updating this so quickly. Whether or not I had anything in any way to do with this, I appreciate it. If that makes sense...
May the penguins aid thee in all thy endeavors. Ahem.
Namarie.
lili brik chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
o_O is funny...but really, really odd. like, 'you have way toomuch free time' sort of odd. still-quite amusing.
James Jago chapter 2 . 5/10/2004
A fine satire of the great SUV debate.
On a serious note, the next time some prick in a Range Rover brings the whole Northampton traffic system to a grinding halt trying to parallel park along Wellingborough road is in for a right good kicking. SUVs are a waste of space, money and goodwill in built up areas!
James Jago chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
This is satire, right? I know your average terrorist would claim credit for being the second Kennedy gunman, the sinking of the Lusitania and Original Sin if they thought it'd get them some column inches, but come ON...
CW-nerd-12 chapter 2 . 5/9/2004
Wow. I am officially impressed :) I still can't get over the fact that Americans LOVE gas-guzzling suvs so much when terrorists get most of their funding from oil sales. Osama Bin Laden is one of the worlds richest men, all because of America and its live for its cars.
CW-nerd-12 chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Oh, my, god. This has GOT to be one of the most HELL-arious things I've read in a very long time. Top-noch social satire, my friend.
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 2 . 5/8/2004
If you were to add the phrase "Butt-Weasel" into that essay somewhere it would be perfect.
Calvin Fitzgerald
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
This is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever read on Fictionpress. Ever heard of Dave Barry? You might want to look into his stuff.
Calvin Fitzgerald
No Trust chapter 2 . 5/8/2004
"Also, though the practice is "frowned" upon by our so-called "freedom loving" US Government, it is possible to have an SUV outfitted with a retractable, remote controlled .50 caliber machine gun."

I'm going to get me one of those.
Le Creature chapter 2 . 5/7/2004
We wouldn't have these problems if we nuked more countries.
Admiral chapter 2 . 5/7/2004
Profoundly Funny!
Mbwun chapter 2 . 5/7/2004
Twelve miles to the gallon? I am offended; my Explorer gets 19. I see no comparison.

Your basic positions of the groups were hilarious. "Mother Earth is a sacred temple" was my favorite just because it was so extreme...

I think I rather like your approach to politics. The world would be much happier if no one took anything seriously.:)

He Who Walks On All Fours
Formerly chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
But surely a hail of guided Whale-missiles would be best supported by a deadly strike team of midgets?
ONEthousandWORDs chapter 2 . 5/6/2004
Mae Govannen.
I LOVE this. I love this intensly, and with a firey pashion. This is a perfect blend of critiscism and humor. Wonderful. Now, if only I could learn to write like that...
May the Penugin King guide thy foot steps upon the path of bright colors and good food. Ahem.
Namarie.
RCS chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Nicely done. Laughed my friggin' butt off.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »