Reviews for The Lord of the Badgers
jamie chapter 2 . 11/3/2004
omg that is hilarious! i'd read the rest but i'm at schoola nd the bell's gonna ring any minute now...but still! this is great! maybe you could do a sequel to the prequel-sequel!
Jozrael chapter 6 . 9/10/2004
Gah, finally got back after summer break, just got to this. Good job! Too short, but still funny. I also agreed that the 'quotable' stuff was still excellent but the situations needed to be improved. Look forward to your next work.
Alteng chapter 6 . 6/8/2004
Well, I finally made to read this all the way through. I have been busy with writing naughty Harry Potter stories. We all have hobbies!
Anyway, yes this was rather amusing. The people of the town have a great conviction to their gods, now don't they. Somehow, I thought that Trish would make her way into Hell, because I seem to recall everything was pink there in the other story. That is so her.
It is nice that they were too late to save Brock. I get tired of the heroes always getting there at the very last minute and saving the day, but then again, I have always been tended towards the evil side.
Keep writing. Hopefully, summer break is here for you now and no more bio-journals!
Ahrar chapter 6 . 6/3/2004
What the...?
That's ALL! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME!
You know now that I'll get on your case about writing YET ANOTHER ONE, because, quite frankly, there were just not enough chapters in this one either...
YARGH!
Anyhoo... this was pretty good, albiet short. Some of the things that I liked the best were the quotable one liner types, such as:
“The Gods move in mysterious ways. Especially if they’re drunk.”
That's so rediculously random.
And I did like the way that you ended this, I thought it was going to end more abruptly than was necessary, but this worked well. It had an interesting twist in the end, too. Good job.
OK.
In this prequel, the randomness was just as good as the first story (i.e. sheep covered in mustard, badgers on the head, etc.). The funny SITUATIONS, (such as having to sacrifice vegetables, etc.) were, I felt, not as good in this. It was still good, though.
But NOW... there is nothing you have to finish... but you're gonna have to promise me that you'll write something else now. It doesn't even have to be connected to this series... but you have to write SOMETHING else. Don't drop off, dude, you're really good at the humor. Keep it up.
For now... cya.
Alteng chapter 5 . 3/14/2004
The title of this chapter is most suggestive. Someone has a naughty mind, mind you!
Well, Brock is a most lucky man. He got goosing Trish. The poor priest, and he did nothing. Oh well, there is nothing a good ressurrection spell can't resolve.
Ahrar Nighthammer chapter 5 . 3/13/2004
*Grin*
This makes me smile. I'm liking it. Good job. I liked the "what it means to be a hero" bit quite a lot. And this is funny stuff. Keep it up.
Emmanuel K. Quartey chapter 4 . 3/6/2004
Hmm...I would think that the demon described would the personal bodyguard of the dark wizard in "It's not easy..". Am I right?
By the way, a way that the demon could get rid of the bunch of idiots, espell the badgers to turn against them, preferably be chewing their hair off, it would certainly save me the trouble. ;)
Alteng chapter 4 . 3/4/2004
Oh gee, could the demon be the complaints demon from "It's Not Easy Being Evil"!
Anyway, I like the demon above him. he was funny.
I thought a neat idea for the temple might have been a giant badger. You enter through his mouth, and exits are not be mentioned! I'm a sick little puppy.
Oh, and one more thing, everyone wore black with a white strip down the back. how do you tell them from the skunks. :) Pu!
Keep writing! I will eagerly await another chapter in the lunacy!
Masked Coconut chapter 4 . 3/3/2004
*wipes away tears of laughter*
Your brilliance continues! This is (if possible) funnier than the first... er, the one that comes after, or before or... er, the other one. Yes.
I love your sense of humor! Random, descriptive, and slightly strange. Have you been reading Doulgas Adams? Mocking the fantasy stereotypes is a brillant idea. I'm lovin' this.
Please update soon! _
Jozrael chapter 4 . 3/3/2004
This is great, you added a lot more description this time, as per previous reviews. It really adds to the story. One thing that I missed in this one is the witty comments...your other chapters and other stories (especially It's Not Easy Being Evil) were full of them. You can keep the funny comments and add description. Other than that, this chaper was fantastic! *grin* Keep up the good work, I can't wait until chapter 5!
Alteng chapter 3 . 2/27/2004
Hey! I managed to make this on Friday! I am usually very busy on my days off . . . Friday being one of those. And you got squeezed in there between my Pirates of the Caribbean story.
Anyway,the badger spirit isn't exactly thrilled with Brock, now is he. I would like to see him goose Trish, though. That might be an interesting experience! The demons are the best part of this story, though.
I have some grammical comments, as I promised from "The Wizard King"
You seem to have a problem with the difference between "To" and "too". The easiest way to explain this is to explain "Too". "Too" means the exact same thing as "also". "To" has a couple of meanings. One of which is the beginning of an infinitive, as in "To explain". "To" is also a preparsition (my spelling is horrible!). It usually implies direction like going to a place or giving something to a person. Don't feel bad, this is a very common mistake. The other word that sounds the same is "two", and I haven't noticed a problem there yet. Two is the number.
You use the word "were" for "where". "Were" means "man" from what I have heard. "Werewolf" means literally "man-wolf". "Where" indicates a place.
The line: "You are going to tell the Boss. Unless you . . ." Make this one sentence and use a comma . . ."You are going to tell the Boss, unless you . . ."
Line: "There was Dementis explaining why it was of outmost importance . . ."
Make "outmost" "utmost".
Line: "And thunder rolled said thunder sounding suspiciously like . . ."
This sentence is clumisy. Maybe "And thunder rolled and sounded suspiciously like . . ."
Line: "What are you thinking following . . ."
try "What are you thinking by following . . ."

You use "said" a lot. When I had a writing class many years ago, we had an assignment that was to write a dialogue without using the word "said". You need a little variety in the word choice there.
I know, a lot of pickiness, but at least I am reading and reviewing, and I must like your work because I keep coming back for more!
Spo0ky42 chapter 3 . 2/27/2004
Interesting "filler" chapter! lol. It wasn't as packed with stuff like the other chapters, but I'm sure that chapters like that will be coming back! :) Keep up the good work!
Ahrar Nighthammer chapter 3 . 2/26/2004
Yeah, it's in my heart. I'm likin' this, (Even though I'm not completely positive what's going on. It's hilarious though.) LIked these:“Like, nothing. You’re not small and fluffy.” "Ignored in favour for a badger.” Niceness. Keep this up. It's funny stuff.
Alteng chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
You should read my Purple unicorn story. Bloodstone's feet are almost as bad as your demons socks! His feet just don't wonder off on their own! :)
You are truely nuts, my friend. You and me need to get together (in a dark alley somewhere?) and collaborate on a story! We would scare the rest of the site!
Ahrar Nighthammer chapter 2 . 2/22/2004
w00h00!
Oh yeah, I'm likin' it. The sense of humor in this is so awesome that it just blows me away. Completely.
I can tell that you have the same sense of humor that I do. This was just like one huge joke. I is loving the randomness. There are some typos, but we can live with that. Keep it up. This is great.
w00h00!