Reviews for AntiValentine's Day
Lady Sunlight chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
I celabrate Anti-Valentine's Day!
g21lto chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
I would completely agree with you, except for one thing: the little heart candies. How could you oppose a holiday that spawns the creation of billions of little yummy pastel heart candies? Other than that, good on you, and I hope your movement gains momentum. And I'd like to know how people think observing an "Anti-Valentine's Day" is rude to couples. By that reasoning, Valentine's Day is rude to singles. Oh well.
Getuie chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
I remember you telling me that you got flamed for this... I read it through and... well.. honestly people! We call it two things 1) personal oppinion and 2) freedom of speech!
Just because our unique sister has made some excellent points from one perspective, does not mean that there aren't many other excellent points on the other side of the fence. So if you don't agree with her, please climb over to the other side *adds electicity to the fence* I'm sure it will light up your life ;-)
Be blessed, Tabbi! I'm rooting for ya! *grins*
Get a life chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Seriously people, since when has writing a personal essay about how someone feels regarding a certain situation been selfish? Since when has telling someone to be happy for everyone else when they're already suffering through depression made depression just go away.
This was a wonderfully written essay, and the author did an amazing job of portraying her emotions. It's not selfish to feel annoyed about things, and it's not selfish to express those feelings.
Sinag chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
Sarcastically, I would say that you are selfish in saying that Valentine's day depresses you because you see other people having that "someone" when you don't. I suggest you try being happy for others and being thankful that you have friends, family, etc. It isn't only in Valentine's day that people show their love. Maybe if you stop curling up on the couch and trying to forget about Valentine's, you could try peeping through your window to see the world happy. I think I know what makes you hate Valentine's day: ENVY.
You should not pity yourself too much because some extreme depression could lead to insanity. You should not think too much about being alone in the world. Some couples are even less-fortunate than you because they are hurt but they still keep on loving.
anonymous chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
I don't see how couples "flaunt" their love only on this day. Why don't you feel sorry for yourself every day of the year? Every single day you see couples. Be happy for the people that have someone. Instead of resenting them. They have the right to be happy and celebrate it.
Do you go to weddings and say that the couple is "flaunting" their love? And then go feel sorry for yourself after?
You should just get over your self pity. Lots of people are able to do that and either treat it as any other day or go out and do something with their friends.
Happy Valentine's Day
ffyona chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
good essay, but don't feel so sorry for yourself, everybody gets lonely, everyone goes through times when they think they'll never find someone again, but no one is doomed to be alone forever.
aegis chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
Well, I liked this. I've spent the last two big holidays sick, so I'm pretty anti-holiday right now.
Crow08 chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
It's a day. Get over it.
Nothing to read chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
You know, this was written good. I also don't like Valentine's Day, but for different reasons. Mostly it's because i am not too fond of the idea of me falling in love with anyone... Er... anyway... Good essay!
TheStaticOnTheRadio chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
I'm just curious as to how it is my fault that I have no-one to spend the day with since all my friends have a significant other and my boyfrriend suddenly decided that he no longer loves me?
Crelian2202 chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Nicely writen. But remember it is your own fault that you don't have anyone to celebrate the holiday with.
Brenron chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
wow, you sound more depressed and cynical than I've ever been. Hey, trust in God, the more you press into Him, the more the pain fades. I am single by the way.