Reviews for At Least
Leon Trotsky chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I don't know if you'll ever read this, as this story is rather old and I don't know if you're still active on FictionPress (I'm too lazy to check your profile to see the last time you posted a story/updated your profile), but I really, really like this fic. I caught a wee little typo: "afriad" instead of "afraid." Otherwise I caught no mistakes. Your story is so simple. You never too verbose. It's so sad, to see everything this man has stripped away from him. For some reason I feel like the last line ought to be "So what now do I have," just because to me it has a better ring to it. I like the particular syntax of that sentence over the one you chose. But that's totally a matter of personal preference.
ZizziHungarian chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Because you were begging so hard for review at the end, I tell you my opinion. I like your story very much, because it shows some optimism in the dark... even if that optimism didn't got your character to anywhere. I like that you are not describing longly the suffering, but always talking about hope. And that's what your characters left till the end, I think: the hope. (And I'm sorry for my mistakes, but English is not my native language.)
Lisa chapter 1 . 1/26/2005
This was very short (a good kind of short), but made it's point very clearly. The ending really made me think. Great job!
Ethelflaed chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
(Note to self: Reading this kind of story while listening to weird music isn't a good idea. -_-;;)
I'm afraid I can't help you on the historical aspect very much; my specialty is medieval history, and some American. However...
I saw the connections, except for the one from pride to life. Being in humiliating experiences does not always destroy a person's pride. In fact, it can sometimes enhance it greatly. I.e., the slave rebellions and run aways before the Civil War.
Also, since she's Jewish, she most likely has her God, and her soul. (shrug) Just a thought.
However, let that not detract from the general feeling of liking-ness (ooh, a non-word!) I had for this story. It was powerful and short.
_
-Ethelflaed-
Sarika chapter 1 . 2/15/2004
O, I like the way you've written this. I didn't see any spelling \ grammar mistakes but then I'm not one to be paying attention to that anyway... Anyways, this is a rather good, interesting take on how a Jew feels during this terrible time... good job! :o) Um... Don't mean to advertise but I have my own holocaust story "Sincerely Rebekah" if you are interested in reading it. Have a good day and write on!