Reviews for Ever Growing
Quelleruth chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Wow. This is beautiful. And...I guess it is a little depressing, but still...wow.
FantasizedMusic chapter 16 . 8/1/2005
This is one of the best instances in which I have seen you employ rich imagery, such as "the bars/Made of my mistakes" and "Chained to my failures". The description, particularly of the "robes of grace", is wonderful. One of your best, most emotional (and I would guess personal), pieces. Wonderful work.
FantasizedMusic chapter 17 . 8/1/2005
Nice opening twinge of "Long ago," stating to the reader that the speaker once understood, but has lost that knowledge and belief along the way. Two standout mentions and one suggestion. The sixth haiku set, "I danced in the rain," is an excellent refrasing of "I praised God even in the midst of the storms." Secondly, the turn at the seventh stanza was excellent. My one suggestion is to perhaps not wait such a long time for the turn, even in a piece written in haiku format. Nice message, good work; keep up the writing!
FantasizedMusic chapter 18 . 7/19/2005
I think what I got out of this poem was that only when we ask will we receive, because the narrator here is in deep pain and anguish and only when he/she asks the Lord does He answer. Not terribly deep, but inspirational all the same. Well crafted.

(One spelling note: change "strenth" into "strength.")
FantasizedMusic chapter 19 . 7/19/2005
It's nice to see you stepping out of your poetic box, if you will, and trying new things (such as "The Man in the Cottage where you told a story through haiku). Rather than being Impressionistic, you've tested the waters of comedic work. The "nature punks" as you call them are nicely crafted. Good work!
FantasizedMusic chapter 20 . 7/19/2005
Wow... you have truly improved, MASSIVELY, since the last time I read a haiku or poem of yours. I really enjoyed reading this. The tone was aptly chosen for the message you conveyed so accurately. It's very hard to write a story to a haiku set, but you have done a marvelous job with this. I truly applaud you on your fantastic improvment.

(By the way, I'm so glad you found my pen name and that you came back for reviews. They really encourage me and most of the reason that I came back to FictionPress is that it was a good deal of my inspiration for writing. God bless!)
ofbg chapter 14 . 7/17/2005
that was awesome. at first i thought it was a love poem, but it sorta is. so thanks.
AlterEthereal chapter 19 . 5/14/2005
XD This made me
AlterEthereal chapter 15 . 5/14/2005
The first few stanzas of this one really captivate me.
AlterEthereal chapter 12 . 5/14/2005
I've been reading through your haikus again. XD"I hate these windows"I adore that line. It's kind of unexpected, like a release of raw emotion, if you know what I mean, very refreshing and crisp, even though the poem is dark (actually, I rather like that about it, too).AlterEthereal
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
Wow that word is soo pretty and so is your poem! Love the images you use and how you put several haikus together to form one longer poem. Nice work!
JJR Meerraf chapter 19 . 2/11/2005
sorry for... i don't know how late this review is, but i never forgot you, i always kept the email as new just never got around to reading it.

not my favorite piece, but ur work is always great, i liked how it related to your real life stories :)

great work my friend
Anray Jzitusia chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
I like this poem alot. It is really moving. This is a realing good Writing
MageDay chapter 12 . 1/14/2005
Wow...you have a lot of talent. Keep up all of your work. I bet you could publish your whole collection; why not try? -
Ivriniel chapter 15 . 12/27/2004
I really like this one. It's so beautiful and romantic but also sad *sigh*
128 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »