Reviews for Unmade Beauty
cls81690 chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
M.C., you are a wonderful poet. You have wonderful tone, you use precise and beautiful words, and your topic is definitely approved of by me! Makeup is highly overrated.

Again, I have no suggestions. Wish I could give you some sort of criticism to help you, but I'm drawing a total blank. I really love the poem. Good work!

Sachiko
M.D.Irvine chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
hey! considering that im a no make up person, i might be a tad biased towards this but i did like it. I wish most guys felt this way that unmade beauty was attractive :-D
RuathaWehrling chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
And another one...

1.) "especially in a world / where makeup makes the woman..." - I liked this line!

2.) "and not merely the / superficial exteriors / and aesthetic pleasure" - It feels odd, having "exteriors" be plural but "pleasure" be singular.

3.) "all because she is truly, / naturally... / beautiful" - I love the words, but I don't like the punctuation. Why does one line end in a comma, but the other a "..."? It just feels uneven, in a sense. You might take a look at it.

Another lovely poem! Of course, being a girl who flat out refuses to wear makeup, I might be somewhat biased! Thanks again and keep writing! -Ruatha
The Proxy Ninja chapter 1 . 7/5/2005
According to Cinn, I might go to hell for saying this, but this was corny! Lol. Though, it was truthful -and- your opinion, and even when it made me smile, it's so idealistic- way too idealistic. Also, I got caught off-guard, because I thought that it would be in first person. That's preference- but it sounded so much like a conversation, that I thought you were saying it to me, then WHAM! "He". DX Guh.

Maybe I'm a cop-out of a chick for liking the core idea of this poem. _
Mbwun chapter 1 . 7/7/2004
So sweet... it helps that the sentiment is familiar, too.

Hey, been meaning to mention it to you... I know you like Stackpole; you really ought to check out his BattleTech books, especially his Blood of Kerensky trilogy-I think it's right up your alley.

He Who Walks On All Fours
Berlin's Brown Eyes chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
If only every guy on Earth had that same idea...
Chagan chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
So true, I wish more ppl would think this way. Very nicely written too
Medron Pryde chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
very beautiful
Cinn chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
Wow! (struck)
Dude!, that is so...deep.
And true! I love it!
And all the people who think otherwise can go to hell!
floorcollision chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
sincere and intelligent. i really appreciate this poem.