Reviews for Narciscissor
embracethedark chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Nice poem; and i know someone who this describes perfectly. I especially liked the first two lines, "i think, therefore it is." Also the universal truth part.
Lailassi chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
The style of writing here really emphasizes the speaker's postion-it is short, simple, straightforward, and can't be bent one way or another to mean anything but that which it is mean to mean...that was fairly confusing. Sorry.
I like that aspect of it, though.
The whole poem is entirely faced toward expressing the purpose it is written for, and it supports itself by being itself, which is, I suppose, the heart of narcissism.
Overall, the expression here is very good, although, as you stated, you could work on your rythm.
I believe that the thing that provides rythm to a poem is generally rooted in the structure of that poem, and with the setup of sentences divided unevenly throughout the lines of your poem, working on structure may help to improve your rythm.
Still, the rythm is pretty good in this poem, so you don't have too much to worry about.
I'm sorry about the underscores, but if I leave blank lines, the document manager eliminates them when I upload my poems.
Thanks for the review :)