Reviews for Scratched on the Side
Cleopatra Wanna-be chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
You. Are. Amazing. Wow. ::is speechless:: You have managed to take science fiction and romance, dig to the heart of both and meld them semlessly together. It's both muddled and confused and at the same time it's perfectly clear. You are amazing. Abso-fucking-lutely amazing. Wow.
Phae chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
I like... it's weird but cool. Very, very cool. Sad ending... but not sad... .
Don't know what I think, 'cept that I like it.
Raz Nic an t-Saoir chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
I'm finding it really hard to find words for this, but don't worry; I really, really liked this. It's just, I'm not sure why exactly. The plot is involving as is the narrative voice, but I think a lot has to do with the fact that I've just reread a bunch of your other stuff on the back of this and am pretty gobsmacked at how well it all interlinks. Despite vast changes in genre and mood. It's all just ... woo ... yeah ... long thoughtful pause generating followed by viel enthusiasm.
Tass chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
My first reaction to this: "Oh, my God." I mean, I suspected that this was coming when he was trying on the doll's outfit and still had the half, knew this was coming when Ched gave him the scissors back, but still . . . Oh, my God.
There are so many lines and little things that just struck me that I could not even begin to ennumerate them. Thus far, this is my favorite of your works. Even up to (perhaps especially) the last line . . . wow.
Rhys chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
You left a beta comment in the 9th paragraph from the end.
Other than that, awesome. Very emotional and complex. I love the way the narration worked and the unique way the narrator's thought processes flowed. The whole concept of the scissor was very striking, particularly the last sentance.
Pogona chapter 1 . 2/19/2004
*sits in awed silence*
May I swear?
HOLY FUCK.
AT first I was all 'What the hell is going on' Before I actually figured out who the first person was...
I love these stories where you get to see the origins of a characters emotions, as in an alternate universe or whatnot.
There were some sections in it that disturbed me. I suppose robot/android things have always creeped me out with that whole false emotion thing happening resulting in odd outbursts to occur sometimes.
""Here's your Anth." I tore the doll head off and sent it bonk-bonk-bonking down the vines. "Here's your love, your dear, your doll!""
Not sure why, probably because of what he talking about at the start and I suppose I felt more responsive because of Between Vermin and my annoyance of that situation. (The good annoyance, ok? I love that story.)
Anywho. It's hard to review such a deep and intellectual (read: confusing) story like this.
Anyway, loved it. Love you style and so on and so forth.
Farewell.