Reviews for Rhinestone Daffodil
Jezsh chapter 1 . 1/19/2006
I think 'I always thought I would remember you for those eyes, but in the end all I will envision is the rhinestone daffodil' is really powerful. I think it really says something beyond just subjective emotion. Reminds me of Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. Like you're swept off your feet by a moment, but then when you look back you're blind to what was beautiful, and you remember something else completely. Hard to put into stuff, sorry I centred in on only one bit!
negligible fictional force chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
oh, this is simply beautiful.
i can't say anything,
but it's going on
my favourites for sure.
-kismet.
Morbane chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
I think that what I like about the poem is the restraint, the carefulness. This is surprisingly distinct because of that. Closing lines *very* strong. The word 'exquisite' jars with me, but I can't figure out why that should be so.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Absolutely bloody beautiful. Little glimpses of flower, neck, air, sunlight, green, hospital...
and the emotion woven through it, of losing someone. Well-crafted.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
I love the first stanza, esp the two last lines. Very beautiful. The title too was very catchy...Rhinestone Daffaodil.
Very nice...Thanks also for my reviews. I look foward to reading more of your work.
Willow Elandria chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
once again... fantastic. beautiful imagery, nice flow... what can i say? you were not kidding when you said your area of expertise was poetry. *wink*
i still don't like those asterisks... they seem to break up the flow. but maybe i'm just weird.
Belphegor 665 chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
Awesome yet again. You can manipulate language in a way few other people ever could. Congratulations.
b.staley chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
Claire,
I have to say that when I read the title I immediately thought Michael Jackson. Then I thought about flowers. And finally I came to the conclusion that it was the title of a poem. A poem that, I personally thought, started out a bit choppy but had some uniquely stellar moments in the area of imagery. I liked "youthful sacrifice" and the detailed paleness and the way you described the hair. Good, good, good. Like candy, but not.
Sammy- B chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
I'm very impressed. I've never read anything like this before. It all sounds so professional, like I'm reading from a novel. Awesome.
mezzie chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
exquisite indeed.
"a daffodil spring", "Even the air was green", "a youthful sacrifice", etc etc etc the wonderfulness just goes on! your work is staggering. yes, that good. i love it.
mezzie
escape into reality chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
powerful..."you look like a primrose, / wilting in the sunlight that puddles on your sheets"...""in this silence the yellow rhinestones / are more alive than you"...wow. keep writing. :)
-escape into reality
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Exceptionally well done; beautifully described and absolutely engrossing.
KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!
F.C
marijke chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
whoah. Deep. It's not quite as mystical as some of your other poems-or maybe it is. It seems to have an overarching "normal" story and maybe something deeper. Anyway-I liked it alot-reminds me of people in my life. The whole rhinestone imagery thing is so unique-I haven't seen many poems using rhinestones as imagery, but it works so well in this poem.
Magpie Poet chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
pretty. excellent imagery. bloody depressing!