Reviews for Countdown
HelenaOfStorm chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
This was amazing and it's a hidden nightmare that taunts all of us. We're all afraid to think about this happening again.

The conversion part bothered me. It kind of made this Holocaust...kinder. The Nazis didn't give that chance, although many wouldn't have taken it. Though, if it's Christianity and not Aryan blood that's supreme, I suppose it makes sense that conversion would be a Get Out of Jail Free Card. Kind of like medieval Europe. Excuse my ramblings. I'll just compliment you some more. This was very, very good and is definitely a reason to remember, and definitely not deny.
ZizziHungarian chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I really liked this story! You are quite right, that's why we have to remember, because we don't want these things happen again. It was good to read someone's story who thinks the same as me. But don't you think it's a bit anti-Christian? Not to offend you, I'm not a religious person, even if I believe...
HappyEndingsAreGrand chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
whoa. that is so deep, and very touching, especially for me as I am Jewish myself. I think it's a good look at what the future could be if people don't remember; I hope it got a great grade becuase it's super.
La Pamplemousse chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
Oh this was so sad! Very good writing, it rang so true! The family not believing him was simply horrifying! You are a wonderful writer!
Agathy chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
Wow, this is an excellent answer to the prompt. And though the ending is sad, it's better than if he gave in and agreed to become a Christian. However, it's unfortunate that his family thinks Jordan's just joking about the situation. Well, I like your style...write more soon ) And if you've got time, check out some of my works, too- thanks!
elfin chapter 1 . 2/21/2004
It is really lovely writing, very evocative. It's got some lovely touches, like taking away names - it takes away identity, or how Jordan considers converting just to get away, or his relatives not believing what's going on. Just one question - if things are that oppressive, how come uncensored letters reach the families? Sooner or later someone's bound to investigate. Journalists, relatives, international law enforcement agencies. I'll leave you to think about that one.