Reviews for My date
arirang chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
This is freakin hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing!

Wow. You have my undying admiration.
sharks don't sleep chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
This is really good! Keep it up!

Falcon (I bow before you!)
Shadows in the Fire chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Ha-ha! I love this! Keep it up, Bufflie! You could be published!

luvurflyingmonkey123 chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
This was hilarious! At first I was put off by the fact that all of your longer paragraphs seemed reletively short, because I am stickler for balancing out dialogue with description, but you did a great job! Any more dialogue, and it would have been tedious to read through, as it would be if you had too much description. It was really funny, interesting, and I feel sorry for the poor girl! You should use her character for another story, she's great.
angelfelicity chapter 1 . 3/19/2006
good story..i fixed the jewels if u would wanna read it
VoicesOfViolence chapter 1 . 12/4/2005
LMAO! Poor you and Sabrina! The concluding statement was a perfect ending. I've missed you're work, i have had a very busy break, that was long and filled with writer's block. But now i'll stop pestering you and go to bed lol.

Good to read your great work again though :D Keep it up
Sally-andersonn chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
OHH! Twisted! you must have spent a lot of time thinking aobut the things, like the 'bambi' thing and the 'sunflower seed brain.' very clever too.

Though it was a little funny, as in strange, because at the beginning, sabrina was suspicious and thought negative things of people a lot. But when she went out with Lyle, she wasn't suspicious or you didn't write that in or she was too exhausted to think aobut it.

Great story. Can't wait to read your other stories.
Infinite Abyss chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
That was great! I loved it!
Raven Oghma chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
This was a very amusing story, and told in a very funny tone. Some suggestions I have:You rush through some details where you could have elaborated, like conversation and the driving trips. It feels like you're glossing over other elements to get to the good parts of the a few places, you slip from past tense into present. It's an easy mistake to make, but can be a damning one. It's easy to fix, easily overlooked, and doesn't hurt the story any, all, this was a great little story, though it may need some revision. Awesome job!

-Raven Oghma
Shadow Gryphon chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
*laughs* That would definately be a painful date, but some parts were realy funny. Like "people shouldn't frolick" or "my father is retired. From working in a factory."

Strips clubs? Is that just artistic license? Or for real?

Hm. I thought that the moral of the story would be; "Listen to cats." _~

Guinivere Sage chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
Warning: I am writing this review as I read, so revelations will be included! I love the beginning. It's so blunt and honest; great opening for the story. This just might be an example of my insanity, but as I am reading, I noticed Lyle's initials were LLJ, and I instinctively thought of LL Cool-J. Just out of curiosity, do you dislike him?... ha! There is is! Lyle Lloyd "Col" Jewelba. I knew it. Hm... this just goes to show you that you can never trust a tape. I can't wait to see what happens... wow, that GPS system is annoying. I'm not even there, and I'm irritated. Wait, hold up, he asked Sabrina to get the drink? Why didn't he just ask her what she wanted? Oh my gosh, what's with the "people need to see me" bit. Your date needs to see you buddy, and it would be great if you saw her, too, instead of worrying about your image! If you're so popular, why did you need a dating service? (no offense to those who use them, but this guy is a jerk). Oh, this man makes me angry. He offs the bill on her and then talks on the phone in the car with her? I don't care who he is, that's just rude on a base level. Oh my God, he's smoking a joint. I don't think there are words to describe the disgust I have for him right now... But I was right about the LL Cool-J thing! Yes! *fist pump*... haha! Titties! That's rich. I like the lie about her dad. Good job, Cookie. The exotic dancer line is great, and an awesome ending. I really liked the story. You presented it well, and if this was anything like your actual date, you have my complete sympathy. Truly.

Alexz Lynn chapter 1 . 6/13/2005 be perfectly honest, I can't decide if this was funny or very sad? I mean, it was hysterical, yet it also made me feel sorry too. My question is: Did definitely an all-around writer. Your other works are so different. Good work, though! ~ Alexz Lynn
Madcow13 chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
lol. Lyle looked like he was the one on PMS with all of his moodswings! Very entertaining. Anyway, I loved this ad I plan on reading some more of your stuff as soon as I have time.
girl-named-richie chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Absolutly adored it! Lol. Very Very funny! Are you serious that this has happened to you? I can't believe it! it's too funny to be real. My GOD! Lol.

Also your writing style used is my absolute favorite! Awesome awesome awesome!

~Love from Richie
Ed the Roach chapter 1 . 2/24/2005
"Hot damn, someone wanted me! Unless True Connection watched the video and, after fits of laughter, decided to send the tape back so I wouldn't cause myself any further embarrassment." hahaha!And I'm sorry, but I disagree with Sabrina...people should frolic more often. I enjoy frolicking. "Why do all men always assume everything can be traced back to menstruation?" I don't know. But I've given up and now use it as an excuse for being angry. The ending is perfect. Everything is perfect. I loved it!
32 | Page 1 .. Last Next »