Reviews for A Poem about Punctuation in Poetry
The Postscript chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
"Sprint and twist their way around/With energy and power released" brings to mind an observation by Nathaniel Hawthorne: "Words, so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become, in the hands of one who knows how to combine them." Wonderful thoughts. Keep writing, k.
namei chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
wow..this one to me is reaLLy cute..Like something that you wrote spontaneousLy..i wouLd have Liked to have more punctuations described? maybe you can write another one..
-na
[favorite Lines: 1-4 10-12 16-end]
lilleo chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
great way of explaining the three (or 2 however you see it) most used form of punctuation in poems.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
LOL! OMG! LOL! funny.
Tsuki no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
I really like this one, the way you imployed the imagination. It makes it very clear how punctuation can rule the flow of words. I like the last two lines a lot as well. Thank you for your review of my poem, btw.
Magpie Poet chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
*giggle*
Tetris Queen chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
very nice. i like to think about the importance of grammar. i shall do so now while contemplating the existence of the perfect word. do you think it might be 'mitten'?
hazz69 chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
yo yo tommy!great poem,although im ya sis like i aint just crediting your poems but i like this one is WIERD!but so true!keep it up bro!x lv me x
Timberly Rey chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
A little note, You w\really should have used a semicolon: I'm not the one to tell you; you decide.
*L*
Good poem, I likes it.
About my poem, the Gates of Purgatory: I don't know what you do/don't know, so I'll start with purgatory. Purgatory is a fabled place, not heaven, but not hell. Essentially it is where lost souls go to await judgement, or, according to Dante, it is the place for the angels who took no sides in the battle between God and Lucifer. Above the gate into purgatory is written "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." I wrote the peome after hearing a title of a book, "House of Souls" that gave me the idea for the peom, and I just kinda went with it. The lose all hope...came from the idea, and, because that is what is written over the gates of purgatory, I decided to go for that title. I hope that cleqared that up; thanks for the review. -tim
Krazy Kanook chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
I really like this poem as it makes every story writer and poet stop and think what punctuation means to them and how they use it. As a story writer punctuation for me is very important but in poetry you have the freedom to write it anyway you feel gets your emotions and point across the best. Love the poetry don't stop!
Arwen the Evenstar chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
Funny! But I get the point as well... I just think the last two lines doesn't fit the rest that well... They say you are not the one to tell, but you just did tell about the effect of dots, right? I think it would flow better if it ended some way like this:
It is poetry through and through, for every one to read