Reviews for The Bias Against All Things New
FireChainsaw chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
I checked out your profile after reading some reviews you left of other people's essays. Judgeing by the views you expressed therein, I was ready to pass you off as another asshole; I'm glad I didn't. I like your writing, and you seem like a competent person. You make a good point here, bringing up a problem I've often encountered, that of certain forms of entertainment being more valid than others.
Cyberskiver chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
I agree! At least when I do things on the computer I have a vague feeling that I am improving my mind. This essay has helped a lot. It was also well-written and engaging.
Clark chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
I'm searching the who durn essay for the word "new" and I'm not finding it. WTF do you mean by "new" computer? He didn't say anything of the sort.
Forest Passant chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
This was an interesting idea, but you could definately have found a better angle than your new computer.
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
I totally agree with this.

I really wish more people would appreciate the use of computers and accept them in society.

Nothing wrong with being a computer "geek". ;P

Keep writing.

~Namir Swiftpaw
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
*my mother is convinced that it’s the root of all my social problems; my sister is convinced that all I do is play PC games.*
Ah, you have just described my life. This was such a familiar image...
Anyway, I liked this. Your writing was honest and simple without becoming naive or whining. And you made some good points there; I'm sure you will touch several people out there.
Perhaps you should add a bit more on why some people treat PCs with suspicion, but that mainly a personal preference.
Good work. And thanks for the reviews.