Reviews for Twilight's Warning
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I've added this poem to my C2 community, Something Twisted This Way Comes. To have a piece summitted to a C2, simply asked the Admin or Staff members to review the work and add it (if they approve of it-I obviously do).

I'm at work at the moment, so I won't be able to leave a very constructive review...However, I really did enjoy this. It reminded me of Nathaniel Hawthorne's short stories. (Hawthorne had this obsession with witchcraft and the devil, so the mention of the Stranger and a few other choices in the wording really struck a cord.)

I liked that you used longer and shorter lines in your stanzas. I thought that was very useful in adding to the reader's anxiety about this entire encounter.

Nicely done!
KirstenE chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
Again, this is another poem that really impressed me. The rhythm chnged continually, which I thought really aided the piece as a whole. Where it rhymed, it rhymed effortlessly.

My absolute favorite part was this:

The wheel set by turning set by gearset by moving set by engine set byfire ever growing set by etcetera and etceteraand etcetera still...

It's a very unique style for a stanza, and it's very effective.

I read the summary and title this time, so I think I know what it was you were conveying, but I'll tell you what the first thing was that popped into my head when I read this: Astral Projection. I'm really into it, and I think this actually relates quite a bit.

This is amazing, I added it to my favorites.
strummychick chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
very good,i dont really understand what its about but sometimes thats is very descriptive and vivid though which is great. keep up great work!
axica chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
this poem was so chilly
it was filled with beautiful descriptives but hardly any emotion
you know one of those women who are beautiful but cold?
that's what this poem is like
the result?
it puts fear into people, a strange discomfort
i have a feeling that's what you were going for
PrincessSelphie chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
wow, this is great stuff, you really use imagry well, and I think you have a real talent in your words!