Reviews for the day they jailed the colors
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
gah, this is so stunning. i have nothing more to say.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
oh my god how amazing. i am presently speechless but off to read your other poems with awe :)
linaeve chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
chilling images & ideas. reminds me of this old movie i once saw, forget what the title is, but it was about these colorless black-and-white people. eventually they did get their colors back, so yeah.

wonderfully done!-lin
myno chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
beautiful. I love this. The rythm, the voice, the imagery- all perfect, slightly abstract, but i love this sort of poetry. The ending, especially, is- well, brilliant, and that is not a word i use often in reviews.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
fascinating and well written, muchly liked it, good flow and the mood it set was excellent
chairmanmeow chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
I could feel something good here... yes, I could. But I couldn't understand it. *winces* It sounds like something The Mars Volta would do...
darkperversion chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
ok first of all, im not new.. i have had this account for five months, second i know how to write a haiku.. but thanks for leaving a signed reveiw telling me i dont
Rugged Hamster chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
I read this again and marvel...especially at thefirst five lines, the red, the man and his eyes. The topic reminds me vaguely of "the day the music died", or whatever that song is called.
BraVO.
RH
FAKEromances chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
there are a few poems i've seen on this site that leave me unable to say anything because they were so beautiful and so well-written and so profound and so emotional for some reason, and this was one of them. wow. i loved this beyond belief.
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
oh my! this poem is just Awesome with a capital A. There is nothing that I can sa that will do the poem justice. Just..Wow.
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
That's...painful to picture, but I know the feeling on an individual basis if not on a national basis. (thank God...not to say that some elements of American popular culture don't promote monochromism...but that's another story.)
lines- 'a crowd of grayscale citizens.'
'robbed surely of something but perhaps not anything.'
It's those little liberties that you can't really put a name to that make one feel truly...*free,* isn't it?
Thought-provoking...And me thinking it would be 'just another poem about conformity.' Ha!...I'm impressed.
Mime chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
Hmm, interesting concept. I understood the meaning in the first part of the stanza, but the last two lines took me by surprise. I like this piece, I really do. It has a mixture of meanings in it that jaggedly fit together, if you get what I'm trying to say. Great job!
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
This was an amazing piece! The imagery was so vivid in this one - it painted an unusual picture in one's mind. I especially liked the lines about red in the first stanza! Amazing, amazing work!
CoolBeans18s
glitterjewele chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
wow, that's amazing. really, really great poem. i absolutely *love* the moment where you describe red trying to escape and they punish her the entire piece sucked me in. the ending was really good, too, it was kinda haunting to read it and it changed the pace of the poem overall, methinks. FANTASTIC work! KUDOS!
Miz E. Mak chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
0_0 ... wow. That was AwEsOmE! I really love the way you have drawn this scene out with words. It painted a wonderfully accurate picture in my mind. Great great job. Keep on writing...please.