Reviews for Paint the Morning
Chexial chapter 1 . 8/1/2006
The part about your mom's eyes in the dawn brought tears to my eyes... This poem is wonderful. Beautiful visuals, wonderful flow... I loved it.
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Really a very neat poem, well written and solid. Well done!
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
Beautiful...You painted a truly beautiful picture with words. Well done.
Sterces chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
Wow... Seeker said that you wrote extremely well and I see that he is very right... Wow... You write better than I ever could... And you're what? 13? *no offense* I'm just impressed... Wow... Hm... I really like this poem... I'm going to check out more of your works... WRITE ON!
Sterces
Devil6667 chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
I really like this. It shows some strong emotions... and really makes the reader feel what you were feeling when you wrote this. r/r some of mine too.
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Beautiful. Really. I love it. I don't know what else to say other than great job!
godawful teen-angst poetry chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
You're much better at free verse than haiku. For the most part this is good, although I didn't like the ending-well not so much the last two lines, but the bit at the end of the first long stanza. I thought it was all airy and ethereal when you started, but then you brought in the swing and the mother and it became concrete and blah. I think it would be better if maybe you reworked that part, drop the bit about the swing, and cut the last three lines of the big stanza (cliche). I like the detail about the eyes, but not as it is right now; it needs to be reworked somehow. Blah i hate editing poetry, it's such a pain, I tried it the other day and ended up just posting the original poem in frustration several hours later. blah. Try to find innovative ways to say things.
~lyv
frugale chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
This post-modern nostalgia is beautifully dreamy! Excellent job, one of my favorites among all you've written.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 2/27/2004
omg - THIS IS AMAZING! freestyle, you say? But, it is so chock-full of poetry goodness! I like ppun at the end, could it also mean "mourning"?
bittersweet, but gorgeous poem! I confess, I could not write anything NEAR this delectable when I was your age - great job!