Reviews for The Passion
Logic-the-unreasoned chapter 1 . 12/23/2004
I don't write satire, I'm a poet.

You don't seem to know it.

Fuck yeah, that took 4 hours to think of.
Samara Morgan-Ring chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
Standing-ovatian
Alex-Blake chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
How dare you even compare fantastic ground breaking films like Silence Of The Lambs and Pulp Fiction to the poorly acted The Passion Of Christ. Yes its a very intense film with a dark atmosphere but there more blood and torture than there is acting. A film about Jesus most have a heartbreaking poiganancy and feeling, all this is lost in a sea of violence.
Alex
p.s Bristish protestants are cool.
Killer Fang chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
I do have to say that was very well writen and said! You voiced your opinion well, and most of your opinion I do agree with! Although I'm not quite sure why you talk about other critics when in the way this was written, you yourself sound like a movie critic. I also saw this movie and I thought it was very accurate because comparing the Bible to the movie, nothing was left out! You may think what Jesus went through in the movie was terrible, but according to the Bible, Jesus was unable to be reconized. I think that in the movie he was not nearly beaten as much as the real thing! That may be an opinion, but he was fairly reconizable. One more thing is that the Roman guards probably got a lot of pleasure out of beating Jesus because people just loved to see that. I do have to agree that I too had to look away at them kinds of parts as they would beat Jesus and laugh. Overall I have to say it was very good though!
cocolori chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
I haven't seen the film or read the book but I can't disagree with anything you are saying. I'm not a christian myself and I hate racist and anti-semetic attitudes but I feel that no film can make anyone anti-semetic unless they want it to. I was pleased yo mentioned Mary and Jesus being Jews because this IS a fact that is often overlooked.
My only problem is I won't be able to quote Monty Python without feeling guilty! - 'crucifixion's a doddle... least it gets you out in the fresh air!' (Only kidding, no offense)
James Jago chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
I have neither seen the film or read the book, so I can't compare the two. The Pope thought it was pretty much as set down in the relevant part of the Bible, though, and I suppose he'd know.
Calvin Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
I agree with you completely. I saw The Passion as well and came away in complete and utter awe. If there was ever an oscar worthy movie this is it. Not that it is enjoyable to watch, far from it, the scenes are brutal and without any mercy. The Passion evokes an entire flood of emotions for the viewer and only the truly cold hearted could walk away and shrug it off as pure hollywood. This is by far the best movie I have seen in some time.
Calvin Fitzgerald
Mbwun chapter 1 . 2/29/2004
Well, I've always said that the Romans were the Nazis of the ancient world. Good movie review; you formed a very coherent essay around your basic thought.

~He Who Walks On All Fours
Silvra Gregorio chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
that was well written, i couldn't agree more.
Steven Lawrence chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
Fugi, while we've have our disagreements before over politics and the such, I do have to wholeheartedly agree here.

I saw the Passion thursday and it was one of the most moving films I've ever seen. And I'm a Jew, formerly a Catholic. The movie was nowhere near being anti-semetic, it just told the story the way it was written.

Nice essay.
-Steve
Godforsaken chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
I agree. Crucifixion is one of the most (if not *the* most) torturous methods of execution ever invented, and any complaints to it being portrayed as such are an insult to the innumerable people the Romans crucified.
I haven't actually seen the movie yet, I admit. It's just that the main complaint on the movie seems to be that Mel Gibson did his homework, and that stands alone as an extremely bothersome fact.
-Godforsaken
ZaphodChick chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
i haven't seem it yet, but i want to because i feel it will make me a better Christian. All the people protesting in front of theaters, where were you when other R rated films came out?
Evening Myth chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
When I watched this movie, I was moved by the passion of Jesus. His compassion for us! I will never hate Jews. Especially because of a movie.
Hollywood and the media are just corrupt. Obviously.
While watching the movie, I felt my faith growing, not my hatred.
It was beautifully done!
When the guy's eyes were gouged out, I jumped half a mile out of my seat (the speakers in the theater were really horrible!)! I didn't like that part at all!
Even if the movie is geared towards Catholicism (sp?), I loved it. I'm glad someone else agrees with me!
Mel Gibson himself didn't think it was going to work out, and I wanted to somehow tell him how much the movie meant to me. How much it will mean to those who aren't Christians. I want to show him I support him!
DrowningInBlue chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
I think you should talk to my ex-boyfriend hhahahaha well I think this was really well written and it's made me sort of want to see the movie. The only thing holding me back is the thought of watching my God die, that just sort of freaks me out. I get sad enough just hearing about it
alise