Reviews for The End
Renate Seline Zaz chapter 1 . 3/9/2004
wow that was a really good poem..the first i've read on this site, and the only one i've ever read on suicide...your imagery was great, and the word choice was perfect. i know this sounds like an oxymoron but it had the kind of stilted flow that life has when you're going through something like that...and you really drew an image that people can relate to. i absolutely loved the part about the list...growing smaller and smaller and then flipping into a list of the opposite reasons. that was really good. the whole poem was good...i thought you did an awesome job with it. _
Brenron chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
ok, you scared me there. that brought back unpleasent memories. It was well done, I can't say I enjoyed it though.
Admiral Rupert chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
The Queen of All Things Stupid has earned her name, I'll give her that. Life can be miserable, you know; nothing wrong with writing about it.
The poem's decent; the meter is basic, though effective, except for the couple parts where it breaks down. It's a bit trite, though, but that doesn't destroy the whole work. You're a good poet.
Relaen chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Ok, this is for Queen of All Things Stupid: how can you say that? yes, as Christians we have the joy of Christ in our lives, but we also have dark times. For most people, writing is used as a tool to express how you are feeling now and ever think that maybe Jesus-Freak was just going through a tough time? I know she is- we're good friends and talk a lot and she is having some hard struggles- it is normal to loose sight of God occasionally, it doesn't mean we stop believing and it doesn't mean that he stops loving us, it means we are going through a hard time. That's it. It isn't wrong. It is just life. Oh, by the way, if a person is writing a poem about suicide, do you think it is right to tell them that they are wrong for thinking something? not a very bright idea to me. Jesus-Freak needs love-not ridicule. If she write's something like that, support her and love her because she needs it, and if you are a believer, pray for her. don't tell her she is wrong for hitting her spiritual 'valley'.
Muse of Music chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
First off, let me say that I'm not trying to say anything that will offend you, but I've always grown up with the belief that if someone is doing something wrong, they need to be told, no matter how blunt.
Anyway, the first one of your pieces that I read was the Passion of the Christ, but after reading some of your other stuff, it confuses me, how can a Christian, one that seemed to have a lot of joy in God, write stuff about suicide and depression, with swearing?
You should write poems of happiness or praise to God! Like David's psalms. Now, once again, I'm not saying this to offend you and I very well could be wrong, because I don't know you in person so I can really make a judgment, and it's not my place to judge anyway, but you seem like a hypocrite.
Those are just my thoughts.