Reviews for Depression
Getuie chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
I admit being a traitor and not having read Tolkien's work. Why a traitor? Well, he was born in my country (even if he left when he was three) so I guess I'm not supporting a fellow 'native'... *shrugs* Truthfully, I just couldn't get past the 30 page mark on the first book. Tried three times, then gave up.

Anyway, naturally that has nothing to do with the poem. I love the way you've jumped between short, to the point lines and then to longer, more expanded ones... The descriptions you've used are well done and then the repetition of 'they leave me empty'... I think the thing that caught my attention most was the way you described the differences... things like 'no red eyes of coal' and 'their might is in stealth'... well done
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
The demons are the darkness in your soul. If you're not careful, it'll eat you whole.
David Preston chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
this is actually a great poem, the imigery, if not amazing, is definitly on the verge, and the words you chose to use fit very well. nearly perfect.
Willow Elandria chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
i love the imagery and language, and the interesting, subtle rhyming. i love how you use images to create emotions, instead of just stating them outright like so many people.

just one thing: this line seems a little awkward:

"with nothing sapping my strength but myself to blame;

no enemy but myself" - maybe just clarify that first line a little bit, and not repeat "myself"

otherwise, very good, and thank you so much for continuing to review my work. i really appreciate it! *grins*

Willow
AbunaiChikara chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Very beautiful and creative piece.

"icy despair" was a brilliant beyond brilliant illustration!

Amazing work!

*AbunaiChikara
Farewell-Twilight chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
The ending was written well

'invisible the horror

sucking life, sucking hope from my unbelieving heart;

they leave me empty,

tingling with pain, the melting that follows icy despair;

they leave me empty

and bank on the fact that I don’t even know they were there.'

and the last line is so simple and yet so impactful. The repeating of 'the leave me empty' is very effective. Plus I liked the small lotr connection :)

*FarewellTwilight*
Infinite Smiles chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
We can sometimes be out greatest enemies. I love the way that you captured that...really awesome descriptions.
Hangman chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Nice poem, very good descriptions and metaphors. Its all implied really, so it works on a few levels (though I cant delve into that now, too sick). Its a really good job, keep it up.
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Manchmal lohnt es sich doch, ganz tief zu graben. Mich wundert nicht, dass soviel Reviewer geantwortet haben. Das ist so ewtas wie die Summe etlicher Gedichte auf dem Account. Mir gefällt die Farbsymbolik mit dem wiederkehrenden Rot und Weiß. Du hast Recht: bei den Römern war es eine Trauerfarbe
bahaghari chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
I still get this moment. Do you? Just wanting to die, bury everything including yorself... just go to sleep. But you can't because you're reminded, you've been saved. Lovely poem although sad. You do have a knack for portraying sorrow beautifully.
rotted reverie chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
Oh yes, the familiar feeling of wanting to fall asleep, never wake up, never face this cold world again, let my existence be forgotten.
Eowyn29 chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
Gefällt mir sehr gut, es geht richtig unter die Haut, finde ich.
Auch gefällt mir, dass du vieles offen lässt und man so noch eigene Gedanken dazu entfallten kann...
Liebe Grüße,
Kathi
HisBeLovedChildofGrace chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
I really like this one too. I love it
Alacorn chapter 1 . 6/22/2004
This is realy nice! I really like how you stress the unknown something that keeps us from choosing sleep. I love the honesty and imagery of this poem. I have been here many times, but have been given a way out (see my poem Redemption). I hope you have the ablitity to release some of the sorrow through your writing. I'm going to have to take the time to go through both your sites completely. Thank you so much for your kind reviews of my poems. I'll look into making the changes you suggested.
Gleechumber chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
ALthough this poem has sad undertones, it's sort of... peaceful. I don't know how to explain it better than that.
I've decided to go through all your poems and read everything! :D Then I'll add you to author alert as well.
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »