Reviews for Gay Rights Where are they?
Dark Romanticism chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
God, I love this! Thank you so much for actually writing this! Most people I know who have the same thoughts are like *cue bitchy voice* "Well I think thats true but if anyone knew I wouldn't be popular!" Aw, screw 'em. Anyway this is great, its very well written and I just...love it! Great, great, great work!
zhi chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
Hey Gabbi,

Guess who.I admire your courage for writing and posting this piece, it was rather good. Just a few things though-*It's not necessarily true that most homosexuals are atheists or agnostics. Many of them are very dedicated to their religion and, often end up committing suicide because society tells them that the bible is against it. 30% of teenage suicides are because the teen cannot deal with their sexual orientation, to be all anal about it. But yeah, a lot of gays do believe in God or other entities and are very devout. They often feel a lot of shame for their orientation and therefore might not attend church, but they do exist. Others, in finding themselves, learn to disregard that part of the bible or disregard the religion as a whole, but, as with most things in life, it's different for every person.*I think in the ending you should leave out the mention of transsexuals since their case is a bit different and the rest of your work referenced only gays anyway.

Thats it though. Again, I admire your courage, I'm just a person very much for equal rights so I know a lot. A good site to check out is w. , it's smart and funny and a lot of help in writing essays like this. Good job though! Keep it up Gab!-Z-
MistrissD chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
Rock, express your opinions however the hell you want . Love the imagrey of the opening paragraph. Kinda hard to concentrate when all the morons in my class are screaming "faggot" at each other, gr
Perilous Escapist chapter 1 . 3/22/2004
You seem to have a pretty good way of convincing people of things in your writing. I agree with your essay quite a lot, but I guess I have to respect that some of your other reviewers have opinions too. Good job on this!
moment2moment chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
alright, first of all my comment to Steven Lawrence: jeez take a freaking chill pill. she has the right to talk about any subject or whatever. You didn't need to rely and be all hateful.
Now: Seras! I am proud of you. and your essay was very well written. Almost like you looked at the issue from outside your normal box. Take care sweetie!
Aimee Raven chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Hey! *applause* more people should scream this out loud like you do chica! I completely agree..I despise people who discriminate homosexual people,..it's sick. I have gay friends and I love them! You did a great job saying all thuis! Love, Mia
S. T. Lawrence chapter 1 . 3/4/2004
Oh for the love of everything holy, make it stop! How many more of these do I have to read? Every freakin' day its another essay about how terrible the US is treating the homosexual community and how terrible it is that they cant get ONE freakin' thing! Do you even KNOW who the number 1 group on the FBI's hate crime recipient list? IT'S NOT HOMOSEXUALS! It's the Jewish community! So STOP! It's obviously not that bad. I don't care if you are or aren't gay, I don't care if you support them or not! All I want is for the gay community to leave the rest of the us alone! AH! Please STOP!
Phoenix Ignition chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
Eh, well, being the author of 'Gay is not okay!' (You read that, didn't you? I feel like you reviewed it a while back), you know where I stand on the issue, but I have no desire to flame you for it. Just to disagree. :)
N.Holden chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
Muahahahaha! Good for you. You have just decided to face the world, minus me. I like your odds. Anyways, this is a bullshit argument, the gay rights argument. The other, negative, side, has only thier bible, but they sure as hell use it! However, might I suggest an actual argument next time, as opposed to simply shedding light on the subject?
fugiguru chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
i wouldn't expect flames... do you know how many people have written this exact same thing? anyone who has been on fp for a week has heard all this before. and its getting to the point where there should be some sub section in essays about homosexual rights...
Radyn chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Take a moment and flip through the first few pages of the essay section. Realize that there are already about 10 essays that are similar, if not exactly the same, to the one you have written, and they go something like this: "Gays should have rights! Homosexuals are people too! Marriage rights...blah blah blah...civil union...yada yada yada..." Then ask yourself, "What original idea will I contribute to the melting pot of pro-homosexuality?"
Hacker Of Reality chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
I like it... the only thing that bothers me is the separation of church and state (which is very commonly musnderstood) ... it simply means that we're not a theocracy and we can't have an official religion... but that doesn't mean that religion can't influence laws... believe me, religions been a humongous (sp?) influence in America's legislative process before it was even a country and will continue to be until (if it ever does) die out... the sad part about that is that there are many religions that accept gay marriages/joinings, wicca being one that comes to mind... its really sad that 3 religions get to push and pull for power when there's so, so many more out there... such as wicca, druidism, astru, buddhism, jaianism (sp?), etc... well I'm done babbling ... anyone who flames is a loser... flames are a complete waste of energy... but like i said... im done
-Hacker
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
I was wondering when you were going to post this!

Anyway, I am glad that this was written, as I am with all essays written in favor of gay marriage. Gays should definitely have the same rights as all other people.

Thanks for giving me credit, as well. :) I appreciate it.

Awesome work!

Namir Swiftpaw
WarriorHeart chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
I definately agree with you on the separation of church and state issue! I am constanly wondering where the basic fundamentals of the constitution have gone on that topic. However, a slight criticizism is that I think you should watch your claim that most gays don't believe in god. This really just seems like your opinion since you don't have any statistics to back it up. Also, I agree with the review that if this is something you want the readers to take seriously, then you should be serious in writing it.
Fleta chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Cheers! As a bisexual, I fully agree. Gender is not love's middle name, marriage is a union of two devoted souls in love.