Reviews for The Unicorn
Eypherath chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
When I finished that story, I just had to cry. So...beautiful...So very beautiful...
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Ich möchte mich den 43 Vorrednern ansprechen. Die Geschichte ich sehr schön. Du solltest mehr davon schreiben.
person is gone chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
It's beautiful. That's all I have to say )

Moon's Poetess
average-psycho chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
this is really beautiful. I love the idea of a "love that would not flinch". A beautiful story that radiates strong compassion. I think everyone would like a love like that.
KimHua chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Hi, I was recommended to read some of your material by Stratiotes...

My favourite line in this piece is "...its silver horn no menace to her, but a silent pledge of protection, a deadly threat to her foes." It really portrayed a sense of the unicorn being loving and in that love also powerful, dangerous to those who would threaten the girl. It was especially poignant considering her obvious emotional pain.
Aiveen chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
A wonderful story, very profound... just wonderful, I think.
bahaghari chapter 1 . 3/20/2006
Beautiful. So beautiful. Sorry, it's all I can say.
Haberdasher chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
this was very sweet! a very hopeful story, and so sad. im glad the unicorn comes to her in the end. and the dedication to your friend; so lovely.

(as for northern lights, dont take the title literally. ;) its whoever you want it to be.) - the Lady Elaine
Pheobe Meryll chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
This is beautiful. It has a beautiful message of redemption and I love how you conveyed the feelings of the masked but scarred girl. The old legend of the unicorn is such an intruiging one, but I;ve never seen a take like this on it before. It especially touches me because although I'm not much like the girl, I idenitied with her at the line, "No white Unicorn for her."

The only part I disliked in this story was the allusion to "the merciless accuracy of an X-ray"...it disturbed the poetic flow somewhat. However, it's lovely, lovely piece and going on my favorites right away.
Maxine Durchova chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
I have had dreams like this. A unicorn, coming to me, after years of terrible, longing waiting, and telling me, once and for all, that I am pure, that the sins that took my innocence were not mine, and I was finally worthy of someone's love and devotion.

One day, I will write a story of hope like this... your story will help me arrive to the place where I need to be to write it. Thank you. Visit my site sometime. ~maxinedurchova
marshbar960 chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
very fanciful, whimsical, and inspirational. i know you have written this for your best friend, as you sincerely empathize with her. yet, i can't help but think that the flawless unicorn symbolize Jesus Christ. just my notion, but i could be wrong. thanks for sharing and keep writing!

p.s. God loves you and so do I!
Citanya chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Beautiful imagery, as expected. This whole story could be interpreted as a hopeful twist in many different situations, I'm sure. I assume you have seen the German (and English - co-production I think?) film The Last Unicorn (Das letzte Einhorn)? If not, you must watch it - it's still my very favourite film of all times and sounds as if it inspired part of this story. Good work!
azn aquarian chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
heyy!u reviewd a poem of mine..confessions..thX! ur story'z rilli well written but i think i'm a bit confused but nonetheless i love ur descriptions..they're so..beautiful..
Madrynea chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
I love unicorns! You use such beautiful imagery and your descriptions seem to flow so easily. You really have talent. :) Keep writing!
Lottyness chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
Wow, I read this and I could'nt look away. The use of words is amazing, and the description is really deep. Its amazing - Congratulations !
60 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »