Reviews for Radio Voices
Nyte Tym Starr chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
Wow...good poem..i love how you took a picture and painted it with words.
negligible fictional force chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
terrifying.
amazing description
of scenery.
this is simply beautiful.
i love it.
you're on my favourites.
-kismet.
Saloot chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Wow. There is something totally inspiring about this. It's totally mystic.
The section about the the Cafe in New York, the radio staticand the song lyric makes me feel that it was written about the Twin Towers. Was it?
(Also, i remember that i was rushing out the door. I was late to school.)
Protege chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
Reading this sent shivers down my spine. I got such a clear image of what this end would be like, and the lady seemed turned goddess at the end was... fantastic.
The line "from sudden disintigration" was very sudden and unexpected, and thus very effective.
However, the first stanza is incongruous with the rest of the poem (which seems like a moment of mountain-top reflection on the end of the world) because of the narrative quality of it (the "she can remember" begs for a story).
I liked this one alot.
Juliet Squared chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Ah, I like this. *smile* so very descriptive and powerful. Lovely.
Sweet Calamity chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
... WOW.
I adore this poem. Especially the last two stanzas. Wow. The last line gives me the chills, and it sort of hurts too. Can't explain it. Just that good poetry makes my heart hurt. So this is very good. Very, very good...
Willow Elandria chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
hmm... other than the fact that i hate that song *cough*, this is a good poem.
the beginning seemed a little too prose-ish for me, but the last two stanzas are absolutely incredible.
Belphegor 665 chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
That was great. I liked the way it flowed, and I loved the ending. Keep up the good work.
zelle chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
i am speechless. which sounds really tacky and not at all helpful in this review, but I AM.
I have no critique. Absolutely NOTHING that I would change about it. *adds to faves*
b.staley chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
Claire,
Like most good poetry: I don't get it. But that's nun (notice the spelling, notice it!) of the matter. The matter being, of course, that (all-be-it poetry) it is well written and articulated to such a point that one might think the author had stayed up all night writing it. She DID stay up all night writing it... DIDN'T she? I like the idea of the people on the radio sounding panicked. But the end confusilates me. Why does she fly. Is this not something that only Neo from the Matrix can do? Oh well, nun of the matter.
this is britt chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
I can't explain why I really liked this poem, I just did. Every detail flowed in full beauty.
Sammy- B chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
wow- I'm blown away. That was just awesome. The poem is so peaceful, so soothing, it's beautiful. The title is amazing, too, it captures the poem perfectly. Oh, and don't change a thing about it. It's perfect, just absolutly perfect.
mezzie chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
how you bring such grace into the telling is a mystery to me... it's beautiful. contrary to other reviews, I don't think this should be a story. it is more poignant in verse. as well, I think the cafe verse is essential to impressions of the poem as a whole. it adds depth by giving a glimpse into this woman, and harmonizes with your opening quote. Your descriptions of the land and that feeling of a lull in time are attractive and pull me into the moment. the ending is perfect, absolutely perfect.
you'll have to excuse me while I go read it again
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
Hi, from one perspective, I see the point of your prior reviewer about removing that segment.
I have to say though from my own perspective; leave it as it is. I think that it is moving, emotional and an essential human touch. Excellent work. Do not change it!
VERY WELL DONE
KEEP WRITING!
F.C
bach-player chapter 1 . 3/6/2004
i like your poem...i think the following section could be removed...and the poem would move better ...for me it seems to bog down in that section...
"The end of the world,"
she read once, drinking tea in the window
of a café in New York,
"will come when the last person
on Earth is gone."