Reviews for A Sorcerer of Selen
Alice Montrose chapter 9 . 4/8/2004
O! Cliffhangers! Gotta love them.
So far, I think the description of Raven's voyage is well-paced (take it from someone who hates writing descriptions and does it anyway...) and you're giving us the right amount of info in every chapter.
More soon, please?
Oh, and if you want to read some more of my writing, try my (ongoing) epic. It's my best work yet, I think.
Phoeaix chapter 9 . 4/7/2004
Yay you updated...it was a real surprise for me to see two new chapters from you, but i'm not complaining!
Well now i want to know more about Raven's father... well more about his family in general. How will his relatives react to Raven? With Indifference? Contempt for his upbringing in the slums of Belay or another way altogether?
You got questions this time, happy? lol and this chapter is not a tidbit compared to some of the chapters in my stories (i mean chp8 of the gathering was tiny) Don't worry about the size of the chapter... its the content of it that matters and this one revealed more about Raven's parents so it was a good one.
Looking forward to the next chapter, may it be soon.
Loki-sama chapter 9 . 4/6/2004
(still too lazy to sign in) another good chapter...mn...Timbits... what? oh right the review. *wipes up drool* and don't worry about the little filler chapters, fillers help to fill up plot holes and give some background info on some characters...so maybe I'm trying to justify myself as well...speaking of which, you don't have to read my stuff ya know
*shrugs* meh
update soon
ja ne
Loki-sama
Loki-sama chapter 7 . 4/5/2004
too lazy to sign in. Anyway, good chapter. Poor Raven, forced to leave his friends and home. *snifle* /_ I was right about the ages? Yay! heh it was just a guess. see soon hopefully,
ja ne
Loki-sama
Alice Montrose chapter 7 . 4/5/2004
Nice new chapter! Background and narratie are good, methinks.
Keep up the good work!
Phoeaix chapter 7 . 4/3/2004
Ah i was wondering when you were going to update. Well good chapter and it was well done how you made Raven speak in the slang you would expect from living in the slums of a city for as many years as he has.
Now then I don't think i have many questions for you today - nope none. Thats rare for me.
Well Looking forward to the next chaptet, may it be soon.
Jamez chapter 7 . 4/3/2004
Yey! You updated! *Dances around in a circle while clapping hands (honestly)
I very much enjoyed this chapter and ohlala Raven has finally noticed Haliha!(if you know what I mean)
Well, does Raven have some sort of an accent or does he just talk bad english? (since he did grow up on the streets) Either way it makes your story more believable so good job on that!
Anyhoo, you're not evil, your story is just so good...update soon! (I feel evil for rushing you-sorry, take your time on your updates)
James _
An Inside Joke chapter 7 . 4/3/2004
I hope we learn about what Haliha does as a knight- I like her, but I feel bad if I was that far off for guessing her age.
FoolishBeloved chapter 6 . 3/31/2004
Hio, this is really good, I've skimmed over some of your other stuff as well, but I'll actually read it when i have more time. I did read this one though, apparently, and it's great. Haliha seems to be about 18 or 19 I think, I'd also say that Raven's 16 or 17, correct me if I'm wrong. /_ hope to see an update soon!
Antaris25 chapter 6 . 3/30/2004
Great story so far and hope you continue it. As far as some of the negative comments you received from chap 2, I personally found the yaoi scene added a bit of realism to the story. When your writing a fantasy story, you shouldnt have to worry about "Political Correctness"; if the reader is too sensitive to the nuiances of a (R rated-duh!)story, they should either take up writing themselves or read the "choose-your-own-adventure" books. As far as the characters, I like how you have developed Hal in such a short time. You were able to write her in such a way where I was able to connect with her and feel like I could almost "predict" what she would do in certain circumstances (hehe, I expect twist but you know she has a strong sense of loyality, compassion, and responsibility-even at detriment to herself...). Guess if I had any sort of "constructive" critique about the story thus far, it would be the lack of development with Raven (who by the title Im assuming is the main character). I realize that he's really only been active one chapter but with what was implied in the beginning of ch 2, this "hooligan" has questionable morals and curious if he becomes a dark hero or if he gets a rude awakening when he gets of the street and starts his training. Im bookmarking your story and looking forward to your later chapters!
An Inside Joke chapter 6 . 3/30/2004
I like that Haliha cares about her gang. I'd guess I'd think she was around 15ish- pretty young, but still mature, but that might have come from growing up on the streets.
Sadie chapter 6 . 3/30/2004
That's too bad, but please update soon! Your stories rock!
*Thank you!*
Phoeaix chapter 6 . 3/29/2004
ah another great chapter - and the time between chapter updates doesn't really bother me(as long as its not like two months)
Still makes me wonder now why exactly Mala wants Haliha to become a Knight, to keep her close to Raven? or something else?
About Haliha's age - I'd say she was in her late teens 18 or 19 maybe early twenties but i doubt that.
Looking forward to the next chapter, may it be soon.
Jamez chapter 6 . 3/28/2004
You don't know how happy I am to see that you updated! First off:
~Don't worry, the last chapter was good! It's just my dire reviewing abilities that seem to twist my uh...review *_* It was definatly good though.
~I knew Mala was at least a bit human! Yey!
~This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I never thanked you for the HTML stuff so, thanks!
~And last, to me Haliha seems to be a bit older than Raven...sorry if I just offended you.
James _
Hope you update soon, but don't rush yourself! I just can't wait! AH!
*tootles!
mizu no kokoro chapter 5 . 3/26/2004
Aw, no killin' in this chapter? bummer good chapter anywaz~ keep up the awesome description and wel, update soon!
~Never the same~