Reviews for Preaching to the Converted
Gunnink chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
Wow, this is really intense. I like your title; it almost seems like there's no hope left for the "converted". I also like how you covered a range of topics from race to religion to age. Good job.
greenbanana chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
that was a nice poem, I totally agree. People will never be open minded, and even telling them too seems to make it worse... dunno why maybe they're loopy.
The Sugarfaerie a.k.a Teyka chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Wow... this has such an important message. I totally agree! In response to your review... I'm kinda Wiccan, really, that poem was aimed more directly at Christianity (I go to an Anglican school). I guess you could say I'm a non-practicing Wiccan!
Delete Name chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Early Christianity, as in the Christianity that the bible started, was not blended in with early paganism. It was the latter Christianity, the "americanized" if you prefer, that was.
And I know how you feel. Sometimes I just want to take a tool and hammer the message into peoples skulls, because maybe then they'd listen.
But as I said in one of my poems "we all choose what we follow", and so it can't be helped.
10/10
Rosen Lye chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
I really like this one too. You are a really great writer. And I think I gave up on my writing just temporarily. I had some big things happen at home regarding my big brother, and then my cat (of which we have had for about 8 years) just died, so I think the stress just got to me a bit, or a lot. I might still continue with my Bitchy-Witch account, but I have gotten a new one on which I will be posting "My Unfinished Opinionated Statement". Um... I think, yeah, the username is 'UnexplainedAnger'. I'll be posting that pretty soon, but in the meantime you could check out my friend's work, Alyssa Jo, or My Triquetra. Alyssa Jo's Ocean Side is very interesting, or Burning Clouds has to be my first suggestion. Thanks for the review, it was much appreciated.
Blessed Be,
Piper Evelynne
Lilyoftheflames chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I'm really glad there are people like you out there. I don't like people who don't have open minds. Everyone just judges on certain things...religion...clothes...looks...and status. I'm tired of people grouping everyone in groups. Everyone is human and deserves to be treated as one! So all I'm trying to say is that I really like this poem and it's point and that I enjoy reading works like this...because they prove points. Thank you for writing this piece.-ko
Shinji Boi69 chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
So true...I loved it. You've made many pints throughout this poem.I like it alot. I think everyone should be wondering about these issues but too many people don't want to believe they exist. IDEA! I'll write a poem. Don't steal it please...just can write another poem about the blindness of our society if you like. I really like this poem!
Irish Destiny chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
Hey,
Awesome poem! I especially liked:
How many senior citizens will cry for a while
Something disregarded as “senile”
Before someone realizes that they need to be loved
And someone goes to visit them again?
Those words really make you think along with the rest of the poem. I like your rhyming scheme too.
Thanks for the review.
;)
ID
BleedingClowns13 chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
This poem is pretty much true. I agree w/ya. I dunno, I think it would've been a lil better if you ryhmed(?) more words at the end of the sentences, but thas jus my opinion. Anyways, it's good heh.
-Mandy-
embracethedark chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Beautiful, sad and true. Nice job.
Lina Inverse chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Very powerful. It really got to me. I love how you combined how some of the problems with prejudice are in the law (like no gay marriages), but some are in everyday life (like racial slurs). You really combined a variety of prejudices on all sorts of levels and against all sorts of people and put them all into one amazingly powerful statement.
paranoia999 chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
that was lovely. i loved the way that it captured what is happening to so many different, innocent, groups of people. prejudice is only recognised when somebody does something about it, but today efforts are normally ignored. well done :)
Dark Child chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
I'm so glad people actually write about this stuff. Whenever people say something racist or sexist or whatever, they just don't realize the true implications of their words and that's something they should know if they're going to say it. People all around the world should read this, they might learn something! Good work! ;)
unjaundiced chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
i loved that. too true. sad, but true. i like your writing, simple, yet deep.
WizardOfWinter chapter 1 . 3/14/2004