Reviews for Seeking Justice for Rachel Corrie
Koshml17 chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
"Except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations."

I can safely say this is the case Israel would present.

And remember kids don't protest in Israel unless you want to get hurt they don't just push peaceniks around with bulldozers. Can anyone say Amona?

Perhaps we should also remember the countless american tourist that were killed in terror attacks.
Mbwun chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
When do we get justice for all of the innocent Israelis murdered by Palestinian terrorists?

I am sorry that Rachel Corrie died, but I believe she exhibited a gross lack of judgment and a general arrogance about the situation. Having observed the behavior of Israeli bulldozer drivers before-you yourself say she described their horrible actions in emails-she should have known better than to get in front of one, or to put herself into a situation where she would potentially be in front of one. Corrie and her group should have been standing back out of the areas the bulldozers were operating in.

However, common sense was overridden by devotion to the cause and arrogant confidence that, no matter how many times they had indicated otherwise, Israeli bulldozer drivers wouldn't dare injure or kill a citizen of Israel's strongest (hell, only) ally! So, because she did something stupid, she becomes a martyr.

That same failure of common sense for devotion and arrogance could be argued of the Israeli who killed Corrie. Is he a martyr, too?

He Who Walks On All Fours
S. T. Lawrence chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
I love the newspaper you write to. God Bless them.

Glad to see you're still kickin' Wilusa...once again, your essay is bulfeathers-why is it the Israelis do everyting wrong and the Arab terrorist palestinians do everything so right?
"Art. 33. No protected person [i.e., resident of an occupied territory protected by the Convention] may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited.
Pillage is prohibited.
Reprisals against protected persons and their property are prohibited."

They knock down only houses connected to terrorists-whether you choose to believe it or not.

"Art. 53. Any destruction by the Occupying Power of real or personal property belonging individually or collectively to private persons, or to the State, or to other public authorities, or to social or cooperative organizations, is prohibited, except where such destruction is rendered absolutely necessary by military operations."

Terrorist house military operation.

I love a good loophole.

But this goes back to the Human shield thing doesn't it? They know what they're getting themselves into-they interfered with a military operation-their risk. Ms. Corrie's death, while tragic, could have been avoided had she and her collegues demonstrated peacefully and away from the bulldozers.